ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake in the letter sent by employer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

memphis

Mistake in the letter sent by employer

Post by memphis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Hello,

My employer after I pleaded and asked several times,

He has posted the letter but there is a mistake,

the letter states salary advise march - June,

and the its written on the letter 'He has received following payment for the below mentioned 4 months'

but the break down shows 5 months (march to July)

Please advise
memphis

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Mistake in the letter sent by employer

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:56 pm

memphis wrote:Hello,

and the its written on the letter 'He has received following payment for the below mentioned 4 months'

Please advise
memphis
Can you get the employer to issue a new letter with correct details?
Regards,
crowbar6

memphis

Post by memphis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:22 pm

The employer is not willing to send it again.

Please advise.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:58 pm

What is this letter being used for? I mean, is this one of the two sources for past earnings? Or is it for meeting some other criterion?
Regards,
crowbar6

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Please advise
memphis
Just ask them to re-issue the letter since they made a mistake. If they don't, then there is something wrong with the HR/Finance person who issued the letter. Remember, Employer is not equal to the HR/Finance PERSON.

memphis

Post by memphis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:24 pm

crowbar6 wrote:What is this letter being used for? I mean, is this one of the two sources for past earnings? Or is it for meeting some other criterion?
Yes ! one of the two sources, letter + Statement

memphis

Post by memphis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:27 pm

*FC* wrote:

Please advise
memphis
Just ask them to re-issue the letter since they made a mistake. If they don't, then there is something wrong with the HR/Finance person who issued the letter. Remember, Employer is not equal to the HR/Finance PERSON.
They are not willing to issue it again, the letter is issued by finance person . Can i write letter to UK embassy when i apply and explain this mistake ? the breakdown exactly matches the bank statement ?

What do you mean by ' Employer is not equal to the HR/Finance PERSON' ?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:00 pm

memphis wrote:
*FC* wrote:

Please advise
memphis
They are not willing to issue it again, the letter is issued by finance person . Can i write letter to UK embassy when i apply and explain this mistake ? the breakdown exactly matches the bank statement ?

In that case go ahead and submit. It should be ok. Also, can you not submit the pay slips so that the letter becomes redundant?
Regards,
crowbar6

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 pm

memphis wrote:
*FC* wrote:

Please advise
memphis

Very clear: A HR/Fin person only works for the company and doesn't represent it in all forms.

If they have an issue to correct their mistake, they have a seriously big issue. As a matter of curiosity, is you employer an Indian company?

memphis

Post by memphis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:59 pm

*FC* wrote:
memphis wrote:
*FC* wrote:

Please advise
memphis

Very clear: A HR/Fin person only works for the company and doesn't represent it in all forms.

If they have an issue to correct their mistake, they have a seriously big issue. As a matter of curiosity, is you employer an Indian company?
Hi,
It's not an Indian company

memphis

Post by memphis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:00 pm

crowbar6 wrote:
memphis wrote:
*FC* wrote:

Please advise
memphis

In that case go ahead and submit. It should be ok. Also, can you not submit the pay slips so that the letter becomes redundant?
I dont have payslips
Thanks

memphis

Post by memphis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi

I want to ask another thing,

The employer has added the following line at the end of the letter

"****(Employer name) accepts no responsibility of liability for the accuracy of any information enclosed herein"

I am confused, if I can use the letter with the above sentence.

Please advise
regards
Riaz

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:46 pm

memphis wrote:Hi

"****(Employer name) accepts no responsibility of liability for the accuracy of any information enclosed herein"

Please advise
regards
Riaz
Not exactly what you need but if you can't convince your employer to give a fresh letter then go ahead with this. Also, do you have any tax returns or P60 that you can show?
Regards,
crowbar6

memphis

Post by memphis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:59 pm

crowbar6 wrote:

Please advise
regards
Riaz
Not exactly what you need but if you can't convince your employer to give a fresh letter then go ahead with this. Also, do you have any tax returns or P60 that you can show?
yes, I have tax returns, also the employer has agreed to send another letter but that line is really consuming my mind:

"****(Employer name) accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of any information enclosed herein" :?

Please advise again and thanks crowbar6

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:15 pm

memphis wrote:
crowbar6 wrote:

Please advise
regards
Riaz
yes, I have tax returns, also the employer has agreed to send another letter but that line is really consuming my mind:

"****(Employer name) accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of any information enclosed herein" :?

Please advise again and thanks crowbar6
Get them to remove that line from the letter. It doesn't make sense - they pay your salary and are issuing a letter stating that they have paid xyz amount each month for the said duration... speak to your employers again and see if it can be removed.

Also, UKBA may contact the employer for verification in case they have doubts or require additional details. so don't worry too much about that text in the letter.
Regards,
crowbar6

memphis

Post by memphis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:30 pm

Thank you very much crowbar6, i'll try to get it removed otherwise will try with the letter with correction and the text that he has added in the end

regards
memphis

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:39 pm

If the employer cannot certify the accuracy of the information (salary) paid to their own employee, then what's the point in using it as evidence.

UKBA gets a letter from employer stating that we (the employer) cannot certify that we are telling you the truth (about the applicant's salary payouts)! :?

regards

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:43 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If the employer cannot certify the accuracy of the information (salary) paid to their own employee, then what's the point in using it as evidence.

UKBA gets a letter from employer stating that we (the employer) cannot certify that we are telling you the truth (about the applicant's salary payouts)! :?

regards
Yep, speaks more about the employer than the employee here... pity that some companies have such a hands-off approach to their own employee's requirements.
Regards,
crowbar6

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:04 am

*FC* wrote:
memphis wrote:
*FC* wrote:

Please advise
memphis

Irrespective of a Indian company or a US company or a UK concern, what ever non-sense - only Indians work in India offices. Believe me - atleast 5 out of 10 are __ holes. They do too much that they wont bend to an employee.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

memphis

Post by memphis » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:32 pm

i will try to get it removed, if not, i will apply with the same