ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant to Tier 1 (General) - Is it Possible?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hemant07
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant to Tier 1 (General) - Is it Possible?

Post by hemant07 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:44 am

Hi - My wife and myself got our Tier 1 (General) Application granted on 15th April 2009. Me as the Main Applicant and my wife under me as a dependant.

Now , with the changes to the points system. I do not make the Points if I were to Extend my Stay under the same Immigration Category, come 2012.

However, if my Wife were to Apply for a New Tier One (General) Application altogether - she would make the Points.

Can she do this? If not , is there any way possible to apply? For example - would she need to leave UK and then Apply again?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:52 am

You will need to apply from home country if either of you wants to change your current status.

regards

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependant to Tier 1 (General) - Is it Possible?

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:06 pm

hemant07 wrote:Hi - My wife and myself got our Tier 1 (General) Application granted on 15th April 2009. Me as the Main Applicant and my wife under me as a dependant.

Now , with the changes to the points system. I do not make the Points if I were to Extend my Stay under the same Immigration Category, come 2012.

However, if my Wife were to Apply for a New Tier One (General) Application altogether - she would make the Points.

Can she do this? If not , is there any way possible to apply? For example - would she need to leave UK and then Apply again?
complete all income and other requirement in UK THAN let yr wife to GO back home to get t1

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:02 pm

I think the ILR clock resets when you transfer from Main applicant to dependent. It is the main applicant should stay 5 years continuously in U.K. In you case neither you nor ur wife will complete 5 years as main applicant.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:09 pm

I believe OP's main concern at the moment is their eligibility to remain in the UK beyond the time currently allowed .... and not ILR.

But yes, the statement above is absolutely correct - unless they choose to apply for settlement under the long residence category (if it exists when they become eligible, that is).

regards

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Dependant to Tier 1 (General) - Is it Possible?

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:33 pm

hemant07 wrote:

The new rules are for the new entrants, when you extend your stay the extension will be based on the same criteria that you entered UK with. If you do not qualify for extension, it must not be due to changes in the criteria - Am I right?