ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and wife's status

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hbadami
Newly Registered

ILR and wife's status

Post by hbadami » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi all

I got my UK workpermit in December 2005. In mid of June 2007, I applied for Tier one visa. My current tier one visa is valid till June 2011. I will complete my 5 years of residency in the UK in December 2010 and will be eligible for ILR.

I am planning to take an appointment with home office for a window service (face to face) end of November.

I got married in April 2009. My wife joined me in November 2009 on a tier one dependent visa. To date she has been with me for the last 9-10 months. My question is when I visit home office for my ILR and if I am granted, my visa status will change to indefinite (wont be tier one immigrant any longer). So my wife's visa has to be changed (She will be no longer a tier one dependent). Can you help me in sorting out what visa category will she be in? Secondly can I apply for her visa in that category immediately, i.e. at the same window service appointment?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Hassnain

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:06 pm

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: ILR and wife's status

Post by alikhan28 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:07 pm

I got married in April 2009. My wife joined me in November 2009 on a tier one dependent visa. To date she has been with me for the last 9-10 months. My question is when I visit home office for my ILR and if I am granted, my visa status will change to indefinite (wont be tier one immigrant any longer). So my wife's visa has to be changed (She will be no longer a tier one dependent).
She can live on same visa if she likes(This visa still be valid).But for better side and for her to get ILR earlier she can switch to spouse visa and after that can apply for ILR.

Now my concern is can you add her as yours dependent during ILR application.I belive Yes you can.
Can you help me in sorting out what visa category will she be in?
Spouse visa for 2 years.
Secondly can I apply for her visa in that category immediately, i.e. at the same window service appointment?
This is one million question.I belive you can add her as yours dependent.

But I am not sure about this thing.

Ali