ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German Spouse Visa! Tricky Situation?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NEW_OC_USER
Newly Registered

German Spouse Visa! Tricky Situation?

Post by NEW_OC_USER » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:58 pm

Hey everyone! I am in a spot of bother here and would need some help in clarifying situation.

I am from Pakistan and studying in Germany in Masters of Engineering program. After the end of second semester I am planning to get marry in Pakistan. However, the problem started as I surfed through internet to see how I can bring my to be spouse to Germany when I am still studying.

I want my spouse to be with me for the second year and then on we can see if it better to stay in Germany on graduate work visa or come back.

I just read somewhere that I cannot bring my spouse when I am studying. At other place I read that postgraduate students can sponsor their spouses. Still at another place I found that my spouse cannot be with me for a longer duration or on long term visa but can accompay me on shorter visa of 90 days per year. Can anyone at least guide me with the whole situation and tell me what should be done here? I believe that if I can show finances then there shouldn't be any problem.

Also if short term visa is the only way what are the chances that she can accompany me, I mean can the visa still be rejected on random accounts?

I am desperately looking for a solution and will greatly appreciate any kind of help.

Regards