ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for web designer job, Please help

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blsrini
Newly Registered

Looking for web designer job, Please help

Post by blsrini » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:57 am

Hi, I am look for web designer job in Ireland with 9+ years of experience, with very good knowledge of all graphical software like

Adobe PhotoShop CS, Adobe Illustrator CS, CorelDraw12, 3D Max7, Macromedia Director MX, DreamWeaver MX, Flash MX, Swish v2, Fireworks MX, Paintshop Pro8, Moviegear , EditPlus v2.11 , Freehand, Adobe Imagestyler, Adobe Photographic, Image Morphing, Viewpoint Eon 2.5 & 3, MetaStream, Superscape VR Tool v5.00, HTML, VRML.

but I don't have qualification certificate as I lost to one fraud agency, which I could not claim from the university or thru police here, If some could help me I would very thankful and helpful..

victor8600

Re: Looking for web designer job, Please help

Post by victor8600 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Who cares about what software you can use. Are you a systems admin or a designer? Are there any examples of your designs
All your base are belong to us

blsrini
Newly Registered

I'm a Web designer

Post by blsrini » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:10 am

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:21 am

blsrini wrote:Hi, I am look for web designer job in Ireland with 9+ years of experience, with very good knowledge of all graphical software like

Adobe PhotoShop CS, Adobe Illustrator CS, CorelDraw12, 3D Max7, Macromedia Director MX, DreamWeaver MX, Flash MX, Swish v2, Fireworks MX, Paintshop Pro8, Moviegear , EditPlus v2.11 , Freehand, Adobe Imagestyler, Adobe Photographic, Image Morphing, Viewpoint Eon 2.5 & 3, MetaStream, Superscape VR Tool v5.00, HTML, VRML.

but I don't have qualification certificate as I lost to one fraud agency, which I could not claim from the university or thru police here, If some could help me I would very thankful and helpful..
is it your qualification degree proof? or just certificate of a course completion for the different softwares you mentioned?..because i was thinking that what do you actually going to do when the employer asks for your qualification proof?....

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:32 am

blsrini wrote:Hi, I am look for web designer job in Ireland with 9+ years of experience, with very good knowledge of all graphical software like

:roll:
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

blsrini
Newly Registered

skill in designing

Post by blsrini » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:50 pm

I would show my experience and skill in designing as proof like the programmers attend aptitude test

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: skill in designing

Post by prisat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:05 pm

blsrini wrote:I would show my experience and skill in designing as proof like the programmers attend aptitude test
Aptitude test for a person with 9 years of experience ???? - That too for a designer ????????????????????

very funny !!!
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:46 pm

mate, you have done some good projects (websites you have listed). If I was hiring manager, I would not care what degree you have because you are working in Design field and all you need is creativity, not piles of degrees. I suggest you to start your small self employed company or look for companies who specialize in these types of design stuffs. Remember.....you might be common among common....but special in a niche market. Find your niche market.

Laksonline
Newly Registered

hey

Post by Laksonline » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:33 pm

rohitktm wrote:mate, you have done some good projects (websites you have listed). If I was hiring manager, I would not care what degree you have because you are working in Design field and all you need is creativity, not piles of degrees. I suggest you to start your small self employed company or look for companies who specialize in these types of design stuffs. Remember.....you might be common among common....but special in a niche market. Find your niche market.
Hey mate

hey rohitktm, think you should follow these steps

1. create a clear path which job i want to do, because right now from your postings it shows that you are good with using those applications.
but what are you??? Visual Designer ? Graphic Designer ? Interaction Designer ? Information Architect ? Usability Expert ? UI developer / UI dev - flash? Flash Coder???

2. create a portfolio site of yours to showcase your skills

3. update your profile in linkedin

4. start searching for jobs online

i am assuming that you already have got tier1 visa

renzokuken

Re: I'm a Web designer

Post by renzokuken » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Looking at your portfolio, I think you still need to improve your design skills to be able to compete in the UK job market.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Agree with Renzokuken - I have gone through each of your sites and only a couple can be considered decent. The rest unfortunately are not good enough to showcase in your portfolio.
I am also quite sure that these sites will not get you the best roles in India so in that respect, it will get you nowhere in the UK.

My suggestion is to master your skills and build a few really good websites and showcase them during interviews. If you want to get a decent job in an extremely tight market then you need a lot more finesse in your skills - from what I can gather on those portfolio sites

All the best
KP

wabuthu

Post by wabuthu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:29 pm

@OP:

I think with all the web design software you have mentioned, the prospective employer may look at your existing websites and unfortunately wonder why you have made some relatively static basic websites in comparison.

The above posters have given you some good advice on the current situation, if any comments seem harsh it's because they are being realistic and trying to help you not put you down. All the best.
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa

blsrini
Newly Registered

Thx For all comments

Post by blsrini » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:49 am

As I have done many websites, dynamic, Flash, and static but some of the site are down as they have shifted they to other firms...and for designs I have done so far many GUI's but the client keep changing and right now I am working for a Ireland firm where I have done not less than 15+ designs based on the company and the logo but the clients tell them to wait and at the end...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:21 am

Do you have a degree?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

blsrini
Newly Registered

No I don't have one

Post by blsrini » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:30 am

I don't have qualification certificate as I lost to one fraud agency for abroad recruitment, which I could not claim from the university or thru police here, If you could help me I would very thankful and helpful to be with your company as a Designer, I have got 9+ years of experience.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: No I don't have one

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:47 am

blsrini wrote:I don't have qualification certificate as I lost to one fraud agency for abroad recruitment, which I could not claim from the university or thru police here, If you could help me I would very thankful and helpful to be with your company as a Designer, I have got 9+ years of experience.
I would have thought at least a bachelors degree is a requirement for an Irish Work visa, it is for the UK.

My company is looking for people all the time, must have very strong Unix skills tho, proper proven enterprise-level Solaris and AIX, none of this Linux stuff. Trouble is they aren't sponsoring work visas, also security clearance is a requirement.

blsrini
Newly Registered

If I would come on tourist visa

Post by blsrini » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 am

Thx, If I will try to come in tourist visa and from there can I have any help for work with you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: If I would come on tourist visa

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 am

blsrini wrote:Thx, If I will try to come in tourist visa and from there can I have any help for work with you
Not allowed to work on a tourist visa plus are you security cleared? Unlikely since you need to be UK resident for five years....

blsrini
Newly Registered

Not cleared

Post by blsrini » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 am

Can I be able to work remotely from India as I am working right now for an Ireland Firm.. and we can discuss on how we can processed further on hourly or project bases...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Not cleared

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:13 am

blsrini wrote:Can I be able to work remotely from India as I am working right now for an Ireland Firm.. and we can discuss on how we can processed further on hourly or project bases...
No, sorry, you need UK security clearance to access our systems. Plus as I said we don't need web designers, nothing we do can been seen from the web, we need very strong Solaris/AIX guys, must have both.

kenfrapin

Re: Not cleared

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:24 am

blsrini wrote:Can I be able to work remotely from India as I am working right now for an Ireland Firm.. and we can discuss on how we can processed further on hourly or project bases...
Is this a joke? So you were never planning to live and enjoy life in the UK? Sounds like you are just interested in being paid in £££s :roll:

And this also clearly shows why your designs are so basic, static and more like a project than professional work - no decent company uses such sites and they would never hire a guy sitting out of India to do quality work :shock:

Guess its best you stay put and get your clients from where you can and leave the UK out of your grasp

KP

blsrini
Newly Registered

Hi any opening for .Net professional

Post by blsrini » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:13 pm

.Net 3+ years of hand on experience

Idea

Re: Hi any opening for .Net professional

Post by Idea » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:28 pm

blsrini wrote:.Net 3+ years of hand on experience
u want someone to do the jobsearch for you?

blsrini
Newly Registered

No, I have friend, who has experience in .NET

Post by blsrini » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Looking for job abroad

Idea

Re: No, I have friend, who has experience in .NET

Post by Idea » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:46 pm

blsrini wrote:Looking for job abroad
post your address/e-mail id. in case someone wants to send u an offer letter...