ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Immigrant visa applicant friend lives illegally

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nedu78
Newly Registered

US Immigrant visa applicant friend lives illegally

Post by nedu78 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:04 pm

I have a friend who will be attending an interview for an US immigrant visa. He resides illegally in a country different from his country of birth.(He overstayed). He is supposed to attend the interview in that country. Will this have any bearing on the outcome of the immigrant visa application? my friend has never committed any criminal offence in the country of abode.

wabuthu

Re: US Immigrant visa applicant friend lives illegally

Post by wabuthu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:20 pm

I could be wrong but i think if the US visa officer sees that the applicant has overstayed in whichever country he is applying from, they may wonder whether he shall go to the US and do the same.

nedu78 wrote:I have a friend who will be attending an interview for an US immigrant visa. He resides illegally in a country different from his country of birth.(He overstayed). He is supposed to attend the interview in that country. Will this have any bearing on the outcome of the immigrant visa application? my friend has never committed any criminal offence in the country of abode.
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:57 pm

wabuthu wrote:I could be wrong but i think if the US visa officer sees that the applicant has overstayed in whichever country he is applying from, they may wonder whether he shall go to the US and do the same.
The OP's friend is applying for an immigrant visa.

nedu78
Newly Registered

Post by nedu78 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:51 pm

with immigrant visa, they don't expect you to return to your country of residence. it means you are relocating permanently to the US.

wabuthu

Post by wabuthu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:33 pm

thanks for the correction, apologies for the error...i had not read the question correctly.
Marco 72 wrote: The OP's friend is applying for an immigrant visa.
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:57 pm

wabuthu wrote:thanks for the correction, apologies for the error...i had not read the question correctly.
Actually, I was about to make the very same comment as you, when I spotted the "immigrant" bit on a second reading :)