ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query re application after July 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cosmos

ILR query re application after July 2011

Post by Cosmos » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:13 am

Hi there,

I wonder if someone could give me some guidance, I am new to this forum and quite concerned about what is going to happen after the changes on July 2011.
I am in a work permit that expires on 20th October 2011 and after that date I will have exactly the 5 years period.
All I know is that I can apply 28 days before that but no idea about the Probationary time or anything else.
Anyone could please enlighten me?
It will be very helpful, thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:24 am

Just like you everyone is (yet) unaware of what is going to happen after July 2011 - for the simple reason that nothing has been announced formally by UKBA since the elections or by the new govt.

Keep an eye on UKBA website and you'll know when any information is released formally.

regards

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Many thanks Sushdmehta, I will do, it's just that everything seems so unsettle and uncertain with this news on Probationary Periods and all that.

Regards
C