ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

renegadejay
Newly Registered

Documents required for ILR

Post by renegadejay » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi,

I arrived in UK as student and than changed my status to HSMP. I had my initial HSMP issued on 25th August 2006 and on 26th August 2008 I was switched again to Tier 1. My Tier 1 expires on 23rd August 2011, hence I would like to know if new rules coming in July 2011 will affect me and also if you can provide me with the list of documents I require to apply for ILR.

Please help!

dimsav

Re: Documents required for ILR

Post by dimsav » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:46 pm

There are many of us in the same boat here who are entitled to apply for ILR in/after July 2011... At the moment, we are just waiting for any news and clarifications regarding probation citisenship and other things that should come from HO at some point. Follow discussion in this thread.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:48 pm

renegadejay wrote:I had my initial HSMP issued on 25th August 2006
renegadejay wrote:I would like to know if new rules coming in July 2011 will affect me
As per the last info. published on the UKBA website (that's been taken off since the new govt. was sworn in), migrants covered by HSMP JR (as you) will not be affected by the new immigration changes (probationary citizenship).

HSMP JR (settlement) makes sure that you be eligible for settlement (ILR) as per qualifying criteria in force when you entered the HSMP system.

regards

renegadejay
Newly Registered

Post by renegadejay » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Really appreciate your response.

thanks

sushdmehta wrote:
renegadejay wrote:I had my initial HSMP issued on 25th August 2006
renegadejay wrote:I would like to know if new rules coming in July 2011 will affect me
As per the last info. published on the UKBA website (that's been taken off since the new govt. was sworn in), migrants covered by HSMP JR (as you) will not be affected by the new immigration changes (probationary citizenship).

HSMP JR (settlement) makes sure that you be eligible for settlement (ILR) as per qualifying criteria in force when you entered the HSMP system.

regards

GETMEIN

Post by GETMEIN » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Migrants who applied to the highly skilled migrant programme between 3 April 2006 and 7 November 2006

This page explains the arrangements we have put in place for migrants who:

* received an HSMP approval letter on the basis of an application submitted between 3 April 2006 and 7 November 2006, and obtained entry clearance or permission to stary in the United Kingdom (also called 'leave to remain' or LtR) on the basis of that letter;
have completed at least five years' continuous residence in the United Kingdom in a qualifying category; and
want to apply to settle in the United Kingdom.

You fall into this group if:

you were initially granted entry clearance or permission to stay in the United Kingdom for two years under the HSMP requirements; and
you then extended that initial permission by a further three years (unless you had already completed sufficient continuous residence in a different immigration route which can be amalgamated for settlement purposes).

When you have completed at least five years' continuous residence in the United Kingdom in a qualifying category, you can apply for settlement using the SET(O) application form. You can download the application form and guidance notes from the right side of this page.

We will consider your application against the settlement requirements described in paragraph 27 of the policy document, which you can download from the right side of this page. To be granted settlement, you will need to have spent a continuous period of five years lawfully in the United Kingdom in a qualifying category. However, you will not need to meet the 'knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom' requirement, as this was not part of the settlement requirements when you first applied under the HSMP.

Please note that, if your application falls for refusal under the General Grounds for Refusal in paragraphs 320-322 of the Immigration Rules, we will refuse it even if it otherwise qualifies under the terms of this policy. This might happen, for example, if you have broken United Kingdom immigration law or have a criminal conviction.
Frequently Asked Questions

How are dependants affected?
Close Dependant status will follow that of the principal applicant.

Application forms
Application for permanent residence in the United Kingdom in an employment or other category listed on the form

* Form SET(O) PDF 537KB opens in a new window
* Guide SET(O) PDF 276KB opens in a new window
* Photo guidance (new)PDF 325KB opens in a new window

Just for the information as UKBA still has this on their website. So, HSMP migrants prior to Nov 2006. Just chill. Probationary citizenship seems unlikely as all the laws of previous government have been overturned.

Cheers buddy.

GETMEIN

Post by GETMEIN » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:36 pm