ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Friend s ILR refused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

confuseduk
BANNED

Friend s ILR refused

Post by confuseduk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:24 pm

Hello.

A friend of mine got her ILR refused cos she sub-let her housing association flat.
How did they find out about it??
Is there a way out of it???

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:28 pm

Tell us more! Was she prosecuted?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

confuseduk
BANNED

Post by confuseduk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:06 am

Hi

she is seeking for legal advices.
Does any one know how they found that out???

manenoor
BANNED

Post by manenoor » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:38 am

Without knowing details how can some one assist ?

What is immigration status of your friend ?

Was she prosecuted ? If yes, then did she declare it in her ILR application ?

Sub renting a housing association flat is not an 'immigration offence'.

Please pass more details?

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:29 am

manenoor wrote: Sub renting a housing association flat is not an 'immigration offence'.
Ah yes, but it is fraud which is a criminal offence. Criminal offence = possible immigration offence... depending on the severity.

Sounds like she was caught (subletting) when they did the checks on her, i.e. the other tenant was registered at that address. I believe that they carry out more checks than we would like to believe. All the other tenant had to do was open a bank account using that address and that's them on the system, they will come up when carrying out financial checks on the address. Best to declare everything and keep your nose clean.

confuseduk
BANNED

Post by confuseduk » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Yes unfortunately.

She has never claimed housing benefit or job seeker allowance. and she is a full time worker.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:07 pm

confuseduk wrote:Yes unfortunately.

She has never claimed housing benefit or job seeker allowance. and she is a full time worker.
Banged to rights then.....

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 am

Let this be a lesson learnt for future applicants who are thinking of not declaring things like minor offences or dependants/spouses.

UKBA carry out thorough checks not only on the applicant but the address(es) they are living in. Give them any little excuse to reject the application and they will.

Live by the law and be honest.

Doesn't matter she broke the law.

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:41 am

@kiwigirl

Give me a break

What about those MPs who claim money for anything?
U know what??? everybody has something to hide even if they r as white as the snow as you.

I m sure she deserves more than u to stay here.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 pm

bbbb wrote:@kiwigirl

Give me a break

What about those MPs who claim money for anything?
U know what??? everybody has something to hide even if they r as white as the snow as you.

I m sure she deserves more than u to stay here.
1. You can't compare an immigrant or any other normal person to a MP.

2. I never said she didn't deserve to stay here. I simply outlined how UKBA found out and that despite her friend doing everything else right that UKBA would not see beyond her mistake unless (now I didn't add this in my original reply) she has been given the right to appeal and can outline a good case proving this is indeed her only misgiving.

3. I never said I was perfect and deserved an ILR more than the friend or anyone else.

4. Thank you for your comments, I will take your feedback on board. But here is some feedback for you; take a person's post at face value and don't add your own interpretation. If you are confused by a person's post ask them to clarify before attacking people on this board for no reason either than the one you made up in your head.

I'll forgive you this time as I feel you're harbouring bad feelings towards me when I had to correct you when you unknowlingly gave someone some incorrect advice. Bearing in mind that Wanderer was as blunt as me but you choose not to "attack" them.

Just one moment... you do know people can read your previous posts? So may I kindly ask that you remind yourself how you entered this country and then revisit your judgement of me? An illegal telling another illegal that they have no right to be here... what is the world coming to?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote: I'll forgive you this time as I feel you're harbouring bad feelings towards me when I had to correct you when you unknowlingly gave someone some incorrect advice. Bearing in mind that Wanderer was as blunt as me but you choose not to "attack" them.
I got off lightly! But I have my other stalkers, destinyschild or whatever she/he is called.

You are correct tho - there are some right sockpuppets on here.......

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Wanderer wrote: I got off lightly! But I have my other stalkers, destinyschild or whatever she/he is called.

You are correct tho - there are some right sockpuppets on here.......
Ain't you the lucky one, Beyonce and the girls stalking you :wink:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:45 pm

ConfusedUK is now banned and I've deleted their last post.