ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Voluntary leave of UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

visitor123
Newly Registered

Voluntary leave of UK

Post by visitor123 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:56 pm

I've overstayed my welcome in the U.K from the U.S almost a year now. I've been working on the low doing housework etc etc for cash in hand, some odd jobs here and there. I'm nearing the amount it would cost to buy a ticket back to the U.S as I want to go back to the country Im a citizen for. I came here legally on a visitors visa but couldnt afford to renew it at the time. I was afraid to talk to anyone about it to avoid a large commotion.

So Im wondering, how do i go about leaving? If i pay for my own ticket back to the U.S, will they let me leave? Im not bothered by the ban from coming back as I have no intention of leaving the U.S again for a long time. Ive recently lost my passport (gf might've taken it), but i can order a new one. She also has my social security card. But anyways, if i buy a ticket, show up at the airport, and want to leave, will i be detained? Or will they let me board the flight back?

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Voluntary leave of UK

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:17 pm

So Im wondering, how do i go about leaving? If i pay for my own ticket back to the U.S, will they let me leave? Im not bothered by the ban from coming back as I have no intention of leaving the U.S again for a long time. Ive recently lost my passport (gf might've taken it), but i can order a new one. She also has my social security card. But anyways, if i buy a ticket, show up at the airport, and want to leave, will i be detained? Or will they let me board the flight back?
You would not be detained and you have no problem on leaving.

You would simpley be interview at airport and one stamp would be put on yours passport plus a letter would be given to you called 1515(Something like that).

You would be banned for a time period and thats the end.

But you would not be arretsted.

One more thing sometimes airport dont bother to check your visa and you leave straight away without any questioning.
:lol:

So dont worry about anything.The maximum you would get a ban and one piece of bluddy paper. :lol:

Ali

m4nn
Newly Registered

Post by m4nn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 am

PM'd you visitor123.