ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Factors that will affect Tier 1 general extension (FLR)??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tina315
Newly Registered

Factors that will affect Tier 1 general extension (FLR)??

Post by Tina315 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:42 am

Hello people.

First i want to say thank you all for all the help. I google stumbled on this board when i was looking for information and now i have my Tier 1 approved.

I want to find out what possible factors will affect my extension (FLR) after completion of my first 2 years. I am asking this because my visa is valid from 18th of October, i still have a job here until December and i am thinking of traveling in January. I applied early because i panicked and figure they would reach the cap and i wouldn't be able to get it. anyway my question is if i loose the 2 months or so into my 2 years visa before i enter will i be able to apply for extension. Or should i enter on the date it is valid then leave and return to my job until december about (70 days) then go back.

also if you have any other reasons that could affect extension please help. I know its an open question but i am sure some of your guys have experiences that could help.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:53 am

There is no rule when applying for extension except that you should be able to score the stated number of points.

You might have a problem with your ILR though and might have to apply for a second extension. Search this forum and you will find more information about this.

Tina315
Newly Registered

Post by Tina315 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:04 am

hsmp1412 wrote:There is no rule when applying for extension except that you should be able to score the stated number of points.

You might have a problem with your ILR though and might have to apply for a second extension. Search this forum and you will find more information about this.
thank you hsmp1412