ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee for naturalisation completed wrong fields of form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kotiara

Referee for naturalisation completed wrong fields of form

Post by Kotiara » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:32 am

One of my 2 referees for naturalisation put his email address by mistake where there's supposed to be his passport number. Then he realised that and put his passport number in the email address field, corrected the names of the fields and countersigned next to each field. Everything else on the reference form is correct.

To go back to him to write a new one from scratch means that i'll have to go back to the other referee as well which is a bit of a pain. Do you think HO will accept this kind of error or is it better to have it corrected?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:02 am

Better get it corrected - unless you want to risk a refusal and do it all over again, then.

IMHO ...

regards

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:15 pm

I agree with sushdmehta, its better to go through the 'hassle' of getting it corrected now than the pain and suffering you will go through whilst you are wwaiting, wondering whether they will accept it or not. or worse still having to do it all over again.

Also is a good idea to get the 1st referee to complete a couple of copies just in case the 2nd guy makes a mistake etc