ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of name

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wgoonw
Newly Registered

change of name

Post by wgoonw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:20 am

I am thinking to get my name changed before applying for a first passport.

What sort of documents do I need to include with the application? I thought I'd need my deed poll, current and previous non-british passports and certificated of naturalization. Am I correct?

Should I first need to change all requried documents to my new name or just include the deed poll?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:27 am

Once you have changed your name at a solicitors and start to use it,you need to inform everrybody.

I did this simply by typing a standard letter and then sending that out to everybody along with a copy of the name change deed.

If you are going to apply for a passport you will need to send orginal name change deed not copy.

Changing a name can cause a lot of work in the future. Just thought you should be aware of this.

wgoonw
Newly Registered

Post by wgoonw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:34 pm

So I will have to get all documents updated before sending to IPS? Would it be better I change it after I have my passport?