ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

necessary relevant qualifications and/or memberships

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hcho
Newly Registered

necessary relevant qualifications and/or memberships

Post by hcho » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:20 pm

Hi folks,

On HSMP form there is a question like following

9 Do you hold the necessary relevant qualifications and/or memberships to work in your chosen field (in the UK)?

So my question: Is there any membership requirements to perfrom software engineering in the UK? Or is a degree sufficent?

Best regards,
hcho

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:21 pm

I think a degree would be sufficent. Those memberships apply more to registered professionals like doctors, accountants and lawyers.

Joseph

hcho
Newly Registered

Post by hcho » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:14 am

Thanks Joseph.

Milestone
Newly Registered

HSMP eligibility for a layer

Post by Milestone » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:27 am

Milestone
I have a similar question any one`s reply highly appericated.
I am a layer in Pakistan I donot have necessory membership to work in uk. can I qualify for hsmp or not?

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:54 pm

I think no if you apply as a lawyer, however there is an exception in case you will be consulting on Pakistani law only in UK, but you will have to prove it...

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:36 pm

Brick layers (or any other layers) don't need any particular qualifications in the UK.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

Milestone
Newly Registered

Post by Milestone » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:16 pm

Joseph wrote:I think a degree would be sufficent. Those memberships apply more to registered professionals like doctors, accountants and lawyers.

Joseph
Thanks for your repyl
Let me explain further. I am a lawyer. I have the necessary points, but I want to know whether it is necessary to register firtst as a lawyer in England before applying for immigration or not.
Please refer to Q 9 of the HSMP form. If one holds the necessary qualifications but dont' have the necessary membership, he will answer this question in no. what will be his chances of success. One of my friend is a doctor but he is not a member of British Medical Council. He has the same dilema. He has the required points but don't have the membership of the professional body.
Anyone with knowlege on this topic, please answer.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:35 pm

If you intend to practice law in the UK you need to be registered with the law society hence why the HSMP form asks if you have met the necessary registration requirements - if you haven't then you can't practice/ carry on your profession in the UK so your HSMP application would be refused - simple really.