ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost my Indian passport with Tier1 General VISA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

send2dsr
Newly Registered

Lost my Indian passport with Tier1 General VISA

Post by send2dsr » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi ,

I am from India , I came to UK one year back with Tier 1 general VISA. I lost my passport while moving to new home recently in UK .

Could any one please guide me what I have to do to get a new passport and Tier 1 General VISA as well.

Regards
Srinivasa

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:06 pm

1. Report loss of passport to police and get a copy of report (and crime reference number).
2. Apply for a duplicate passport at High Commission of India.
3. Check with UKBA regarding which form is to be used and what documentary evidence(s) need to be submitted to apply for a "replacement" Tier 1 (General) visa. Make sure you explain to them that you need a replacement visa as you have lost the passport on which the original visa was stamped / issued.
4. Once passport is issued, apply for replacement visa as per advise from UKBA.

Reading this topic may also be useful.

regards

skomati

Post by skomati » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:42 pm

immigration issue..????
This forum is for immigration matters, not a general forum. There used to be a section for non-immigration related queries which has since been closed.
For queries regarding Indian passport, please post in this forum.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=29

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Yes it is .... both Indian immigration (passport issuance) and Tier 1 (application procedure for replacement visa).

This said, thanks for pointing the OP to the appropriate forum for queries regarding non-UK related (Indian) immigration matters (e.g. - Indian passport)!

regards