ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving without insurance and ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Director
Newly Registered

Driving without insurance and ilr

Post by Director » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:21 am

Plis help, I want to know if I stand any chance of getting ilr.I have an offence for driving without insurance.do I need to apply thru a solicitor or jus to forget about it.this really makes me so nervous.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Driving without insurance and ilr

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:23 am

Director wrote:Plis help, I want to know if I stand any chance of getting ilr.I have an offence for driving without insurance.do I need to apply thru a solicitor or jus to forget about it.this really makes me so nervous.
Have you been charged? Has it gone to court?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Director
Newly Registered

Post by Director » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:33 am

Yeah it went thru court and I got charged

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:23 am

Director wrote:Yeah it went thru court and I got charged
Charged what?

regards

Director
Newly Registered

Post by Director » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:27 am

I got charged for driving without insurance at court and don't know what to do with ilr application.any ideas

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:35 am

:cry:
Fine, penalty, points, banned from driving, caution? ....... explain what the court awarded you as a result of conviction.

regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:35 am

Director wrote:I got charged for driving without insurance at court and don't know what to do with ilr application.any ideas
Any other mitigating circumstances?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Director
Newly Registered

Post by Director » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:37 am

Everything else is fine.i meet all the requirements and that's my only problem so far and am afraid is considered a serious offence.it's gonna b painful for my girlfriend who is expecting a child n feb nxt year.I don't know whether to have hope or try using a solicitor for the application.

Director
Newly Registered

Post by Director » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:40 am

I got a fine of £525.00 n 6 points endorsed n my licence by the court.there was no ban.

x-ray

Post by x-ray » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:27 am

You have to disclose this on the form, it's very important. If you do declare it, it will not have any major impact on your ILR. If you do not it will be an opportunity for refusal from UKBA.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:14 pm

It may be a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" (choice between a rock and a hard place) but, perhaps, better if you do....

Director
Newly Registered

Post by Director » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Thanx for d support guys...but do u think it's worth applying thru a solicitor?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Will he make the conviction(s) disappear? If not, how will his involvement help?

regards

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:06 pm

but do u think it's worth applying thru a solicitor?
Of course, but only if you have money to burn.... :wink:

mihird
Newly Registered

Post by mihird » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Hey so finally how did you ILR application go?
i have exactly the same problem and my ILR application is due in Dec !

Director
Newly Registered

Post by Director » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:50 pm

My ILR is not due till Dec 15 but I jus wanna have some info so I know what to expect.jus keep n touch so we discuss with other peeps n maybe we gonna get some tips somewhere.it's so scary in dat position

mihird
Newly Registered

Post by mihird » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Sure, will keep in touch and let you know as and when i get any feedback !

i do think it should be ok...but of course better to be sure !

mihird
Newly Registered

Post by mihird » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:50 pm

hey, do you have any feedback on this?

kingnew
Newly Registered

Post by kingnew » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:27 am

Director wrote:Yeah it went thru court and I got charged
I am sorry for your story, I have the same problem just happened last night, will police deal with this case on the same way? Does anyone need go to the court?

mihird
Newly Registered

Post by mihird » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:20 pm

If you challenge the penalty points and the fine, then you need to go to the court, if you accept the charge, pay the fine and get your license endorsed with points then you dont need to go to the court.

kingnew
Newly Registered

Post by kingnew » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:59 pm

mihird wrote:If you challenge the penalty points and the fine, then you need to go to the court, if you accept the charge, pay the fine and get your license endorsed with points then you dont need to go to the court.
thank you, if I am not taken to court, does it mean there is no record of me, so it will not effect my ilr application?

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:20 pm

I know I am not helping your case, but I just can't imagine how people drive without insurance. Is it something that happens by accident? Is it common in the UK to drive without insurance? In my home country, you would go straight to jail if you kill someone in an accident and it appears that you are not insured. Is it different here?

====

bhayre
- thin ice -

driving conviciton and ILR

Post by bhayre » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:17 pm

An driving conviciton, fine / and or points is a criminal offence and as such has to be declared on the application form you use when applying for ilr. Unfortunately the immigration rules are tightening up, and because you have a criminal conviciton you could be refused.

I would advise that you apply with the assistance of legal representiatives and that all mitigation is included along with your application as evidence.

[Advertising removed by Moderator]

kind regards

Bal Hayre

kingnew
Newly Registered

Re: driving conviciton and ILR

Post by kingnew » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:11 pm

bhayre wrote:An driving conviciton, fine / and or points is a criminal offence and as such has to be declared on the application form you use when applying for ilr. Unfortunately the immigration rules are tightening up, and because you have a criminal conviciton you could be refused.

I would advise that you apply with the assistance of legal representiatives and that all mitigation is included along with your application as evidence.

[Advertising removed by Moderator]

kind regards

Bal Hayre
Thank you for the advice.

I went to police station to hand over the driving lience, they told me that is not a criminal offence, and will not be recorded.

My insurance is just expired, the same comany send me a reminder of renewal, the price is double than last year, I was thinking to change a different insurance company, or try to sell this car.

on this occasion,I drived it to airport to take something for a friend and has been tracked by police car.

nineteen

Post by nineteen » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:29 am

Hi I have been fined of 500 and 6 points in speeding. This has been ordered by court. However its been convicted 7 years back.

Should I still declare in set(O)?

Some one said, after 5 years they are not valid and my current licence is clean. DVLA said no endorsements on my license.

thanks