ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Initial entry to the UK.. and extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pakhal123
Newly Registered

Initial entry to the UK.. and extension

Post by pakhal123 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi guys..

Thanks to this forum.. I got my T1 in June 2010, but decided not to jump blindly to the UK leaving my job in my country. I have been searching for jobs from home, got close to some phone interviews from some Banks (I'm in banking), but nothing really worked as yet. However, now i'm a bit confused.. and have the follwoing questions.

I will turn 30 in this september, and if I enter UK anytime after september, I will certainly be 32 at the time of extension and will lose 10 points. So just to start the 2 year clock early, is it a good idea to enter UK before september and come back? I do not want to leave everything and move to UK before getting a suitable job.

Since i will need 75 points at extension, is it possible to apply for extension as early as i have the required score, say after 1 year from the initial entry? If yes, then how does it affect the 5 year rule for ILR?

It would really help if anyone can provide some feedback. Thanks a lot.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:53 pm

who know what the rules would be for Tier 1, extensions and ILR post Jul 2011, when they are due to change

pakhal123
Newly Registered

Post by pakhal123 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:50 am

True.. no one knows whats it going to be like after 2011.

But.. at the same time.. I need your opinions based on the rules in effect now.. And if i have to leave for UK before Sep.. I really need to decide quickly.. so.. guys plz give me some feedback... Thanks again..

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:15 am

I will turn 30 in this september, and if I enter UK anytime after september, I will certainly be 32 at the time of extension
Hope you know that the entry date has nothing to do with the expiry date. You need to extend your visa before the expiry of your visa stated on it. So, you entering after sept or before doesnt make any difference in age point of view.

Also to answer your early extension query, pls see the below threads
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=62045
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60862

pakhal123
Newly Registered

Post by pakhal123 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:51 am

So, you entering after sept or before doesnt make any difference in age point of view.
Thanks a lot man.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Initial entry to the UK.. and extension

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:37 am

pakhal123 wrote:I will turn 30 in this september, and if I enter UK anytime after september, I will certainly be 32 at the time of extension and will lose 10 points.
No matter what, you will definitely be 32 by the time your current leave is due to expire. Entering or not entering UK is not going to stop you from getting older!

And, age at the time of application being submitted matters, not the age when you first entered UK or applied for Tier 1 initially.

regards

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:06 am

pakhal123:

hopefully u wld have gotten ur query answered by now but i am interested in asking u that wat kind of experience u have in banking cuz me n my husband both have banking exp. mine in compliance n his in sales n we r flyin next month to UK so i wanted to inquire from u which banks u applied to from where u got interview calls plz let me know it would be of gr8 help to us thanks alot.
secondly, i also want to know the answer to ur query cuz il be applyin for extension next yr wen il be 31. how long does the process take?? if extension application is taken in person do they give there n then.
if anyone can help me out in the procedure i would appreciate it. ive been tryin to look for it on home office/ukba websites but its confusing

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 am

zaynab79 wrote:hopefully u wld have gotten ur query answered by now but i am interested in asking u that wat kind of experience u have in banking cuz me n my husband both have banking exp. mine in compliance n his in sales n we r flyin next month to UK so i wanted to inquire from u which banks u applied to from where u got interview calls plz let me know it would be of gr8 help to us thanks alot.
Use the forum appropriate for it for such (employment related) discussions.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:07 am

Though your query, like the OP's, is irrelevant as no one can predict rules and processing times years in advance, but since you are asking again:
zaynab79 wrote:secondly, i also want to know the answer to ur query cuz il be applyin for extension next yr wen il be 31. how long does the process take??
The current waiting times are published here. Also, UKBA does not entertain status update requests for 14 weeks.
zaynab79 wrote: if extension application is taken in person do they give there n then.
In person applications do not guarantee same day service. It all depends on evidences presented to the caseworker and whether the caseworker can make a decision on your application on that day or defer it for need of further verifications.
zaynab79 wrote:if anyone can help me out in the procedure i would appreciate it. ive been tryin to look for it on home office/ukba websites but its confusing
What is? See also Public Enquiry Offices.

regards