ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

snipered

Post by snipered » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:08 pm

Same old stuff for me.

Applied on 13/05/2010. No decision has been made.

They just replied:
Dear Sir/Madam,

No decision has been made on this application as we informed you on the 11th of August. YOur wife will be contacted when a decision is made. We do appreciate that more than 12 weeks have passed since the date of application however unfortunately some cases do take longer than 12 weeks to resolve.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

BatleyKhan's theory that a well presented application will get processed quickly is not working in our case.
Ours was well documented and structured. It had a full covering letter stating each section and what it contained.
I had it checked by a lawyer and he said its well structured and he would be very suprised if they gave a negative response.

But

To this date, NOTHING. MP has sent letter and still no reply. Its been 19 days since the MP sent a letter.

I will ring them tomorrow.

Is anyone else in the same boat?
Applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Passport Recieved with Visa - 8 Sept 2010

Tweety
Newly Registered

Post by Tweety » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Best of luck to all who will be collecting their passports tomorrow. Inshallah it will be a good news.

Its been 14 weeks and they still havent made any decision yet. Im really tense.

Plz everyone pray for me to get a visa :(

sally2244
Newly Registered

Post by sally2244 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:51 pm

salam, can some1 explain tome what the difference is between ILR and ILE and settlement visa????
im so confused and dont know which 1 to apply for!! :cry:

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:58 pm

sally2244 wrote:salam, can some1 explain tome what the difference is between ILR and ILE and settlement visa????
im so confused and dont know which 1 to apply for!! :cry:
ILE(Indefinite Leave to Enter):this is given on entry means you have not to apply for spouse visa.You would directly get this.
This is for those married people who have been married from four years(Not for everybody.. 8) 8) ).

ILR(Indefinite leave to Remain)..You can not get it directly.You have to be first on spouse visa(for 2 years) and then you can apply for ILR.So in total you would get ILR in 3 years.

From words Enter(E) and Remain(R) you can see the difference.

Ali

sally2244
Newly Registered

Post by sally2244 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:09 pm

thank you ali, just to briefly explain my situation although it sounds dumb; iv been married for 8 years and im british but my husband is iraqi, we have two daughters and now we plan to travel to the uk and settle there. at the monet we are residing in egypt. we were told at the visa centre here that we can only apply for a settlement visa and then once we enter the uk apply for ILR!!! however iv also been told that if he takes the english test in teh uk then he can apply for ILE from egypt. which one should i apply for cause im confused and the egyptians arent of much help here!!

farahussain
Newly Registered

Post by farahussain » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:08 pm

SF786 wrote:Farahussain I received the same reply from them last week and a week later status changed :) inshaAllah you should definitely get the passport back by next week!

Inshallah i hope your right...Inshallah you should hear good news tomorrow, il make dua for you!!!

tk786
Newly Registered

Post by tk786 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Salaam everyone.

I am new here. Great forum!

I have been reading some of your posts and it is comforting to know that I am not the only one going through this heartache!

I got married in January but due to employment and residential issues, we could not apply for my wife's visa up until june. Now, judging by reading some of your posts above, would it be fair for me to say that it is taking on average about 15 weeks to get a decision?

Also, we only submitted wedding photos. Do you think there will be problems that we did not submit any other photos - i.e. photos of us after the wedding?

I am a young guy, who only finished my post-graduate education in November. Inevitably, my financial situation was bleak during the early part of the year. However, alhamdulilah I got a decent job in January and gradually I became financially stable. Alhamdulilah, I also managed to arrange decent accommodation for me and my wife - hence the delay in application. I have submitted all of the relevant documents, e.g. bank statements going back to last year and proof of accommodation. However, I am not a person who has substantial savings. We have been completely honest in my wife's application - i.e. i do not have a lot of money as I have just started my career. I have made them aware that I am a young guy who has a decent job that pays well, I can financially support my wife.

I have every faith in Allah that inshAllah he will help me. However, I am sure Allah can forgive me for thinking the worse. I hear stories that they can God forbid reject the application because I do not have thousands saved in my bank. Do you guys think I should be worried?

May Allah bring all of you brothers and sisters together with their respective wives and husbands soon... Ameen

Henah

Post by Henah » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:45 pm

SF786...i Hpe its great news for u-goodluck inshallah ul be smiling from ear2ear tmro :D
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

K44MYY

RHussain07

Post by K44MYY » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:18 am

RHussain07

Masha Allah great news. The long wait is over eh? Just like Allah has showered blessings on you may Allah do the same for everyone awaiting results and those like myself still in the pipe line.

Ameen

All the best
Allah Hafiz
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

Tweety
Newly Registered

Post by Tweety » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:34 am

tk786 wrote:Salaam everyone.

I have every faith in Allah that inshAllah he will help me. However, I am sure Allah can forgive me for thinking the worse. I hear stories that they can God forbid reject the application because I do not have thousands saved in my bank. Do you guys think I should be worried?

May Allah bring all of you brothers and sisters together with their respective wives and husbands soon... Ameen
I dont think u need to get worried, as u said u have explained ur situation i personally think it will be fine because u just started ur career and u can afford ur wife. Inshallah u will get the visa

I applied on 13th may and its been 14 weeks today still they havent made any decision on my application so i think it all depends on luck. just keep ur full faith on Allah miya and pray :)

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:13 am

Aoq, SF786 & Kaidee

Inshallah waiting to hear your positive news today! Good Luck everyone's duas are with you Inshallah! :D
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 am

its been 2 weeks today that a decision has been made on my application. How long can it take to get the paperwork back to gerrys. Can anyone tell me the average time they waited to get a a reply once paperwork was returned?

billo

Post by billo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:38 am

sally2244 wrote:thank you ali, just to briefly explain my situation although it sounds dumb; iv been married for 8 years and im british but my husband is iraqi, we have two daughters and now we plan to travel to the uk and settle there. at the monet we are residing in egypt. we were told at the visa centre here that we can only apply for a settlement visa and then once we enter the uk apply for ILR!!! however iv also been told that if he takes the english test in teh uk then he can apply for ILE from egypt. which one should i apply for cause im confused and the egyptians arent of much help here!!
If you and your husband have been living together for this amount of time then you can apply for ILR, and not the normal 2 year spouse visa. You will need to evidence this cohabitation for the last 2 years ie, correspondence linking you both to the address where you have been living (bills, bank statements etc) in addition to also providing proof that once in England you will be able to support yourselves without recourse to public funds and that you will have suitable accommodation as well. Please read the ukba guidelines on what is required. I will post a link for you when i get home today.
Last edited by billo on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

billo

Post by billo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:43 am

Rhussain and everyone else who has recently received visa - congratulations :D

farahussain
Newly Registered

Post by farahussain » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:53 am

confused.com! wrote:its been 2 weeks today that a decision has been made on my application. How long can it take to get the paperwork back to gerrys. Can anyone tell me the average time they waited to get a a reply once paperwork was returned?
well a decision on my husbands application was made on the 25th may2010 and we still have not heard anything....we applied at gerry's in islamabad on the 28th april and its been 16 weeks in total...

SF786

Post by SF786 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:56 am

Bismillahi Rahmani Raheem and Assalamalaikum all

AlhumduliAllah my husband got the visa :)
Thank you all for your support and duas, may Allah give you all good news very very soon inshaAllah!

Here is a summary of our application:

Applied in Mirpur - 07 May 2010
Status changed to forwarded to BHC - 07 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 20 May 2010
Employer contacted - 30 June 2010
Decision made - 06 July 2010
Status changed to collect passport - 18 Aug 2010
Passport collected with visa - 19 Aug 2010

So all in all it took exactly 15 weeks for the whole process.

I am so over the moon as I am also 5 months pregnant, it would've been hard without hubby but Allah has blessed me and I cannot thank Him enough!

AlhumduliAllah alhumduliAllah alhumduliAllah!

I will continue making dua for you all. Any questions don't hesitate to ask inshaAllah :)
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:06 am

Hi All

I see on lots of people's posts that they mention Employer contacted.

Do the FCO contact employers to check sponsors are really employed with them and that their salaries are correct?

I'm just curious really.

I'm sponsoring my husband and we are waitng for his call letter - its 17 weeks waiting now.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Well done SF786, looks like your wish has been granted in this blessed month

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Alhamdulillah, my wife got her visa too :D

Submitted 10/05/10
Under process at BHC 21/05/10
Decision made 06/07/10
Email informing of decision 12/08/10
Ready for collection 18/08/10
Collected 19/08/10

From submission to collection: 1 day shy of 15 weeks (not including holidays)
No employer contact for me, I'm self employed.

Alhamdulillah, it is a relief (albeit the calm before the storm of married life hahaha). Wife is due in about 6/7 weeks insha Allah.

Remembering the others in my prayers, may Allah give you patience and make the wait as easy as possible.

Congrats to SF786 :)
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

sally2244
Newly Registered

Post by sally2244 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:43 pm

thanx billo, i read about it but i couldnt find the right application plus i was told by the visa centre here that they only have the normal spouse visa and once we enter the uk then he can apply for ilr. (we have been living together for the past 8 years and we have 2 daughters.

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Hey guys,

Thought I'd give an update on my application.

I got the spouse VISA today (Alhamdulallah).

I applied on the 26th of May 2010, my sponsors employer was never contacted, and we never provided any phone records, only

Emails
&
106 pictures.

The decision was made on the 5th of August, and I got the text today in the morning to come and collect it.

So basically it took exactly 12 weeks for my passport to come back with the visa stamped.

By the way, we never even provided any accomodation report that you all talk about. My wife's a doctor at the NHS maybe that helped considerably, also because we've been together for 6 years, and submitted pictures from all the previous years that mounted upto 106 photos.

Also we just recently got married in April.

So Allah ka lakh lakh shukar hai, and hope everyone else whose waiting for their visa get some positive news soon!

Will pray for ya all.

Regards

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Many Congratulations to SF786 and Kaidee!
May Allah (swt) bring lots of happiness to you both inshallah!

Please keep all of us in you duas inshallah! :D

Also Congrats to emud555...
Your decision was made on the 10th Week same as mine, my employer was contacted 12/08/2010 applied end May! My 12th Week is starting now...
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:02 pm

After over 20 weeks the status has finally changed to 'application is ready for collection'. So tomorrow is the big day.

Does anyone know what time collections can be made on a Friday?

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Congratulations to all who have had thier visas issued.

please pray to those of us who are waiting.

application submitted 27/08/10
application forwarded to bhc 27/08/10
application under process at bhc 10/08/10

humtum

Collection

Post by humtum » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Finally status changed online today ready for collection after 13th week.just one question can we still go for pick the passport even my wife has not recieved any text or call yet.my wife think she can not go untill she recieve the text by Gerry but I think we can collect because online status has been changed