ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need your help for UK tear 1 general visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vishal07
Newly Registered

Need your help for UK tear 1 general visa

Post by vishal07 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:54 am

Hi all ,

I am new in this forum , I am planning to apply for UK tear 1 general visa .
I have all required documents and I am eligible to apply ( I checked the points ).

I have two concern that I am not very sure about …and I need your valuable guidelines in this

1) for English eligibility , I am planning to get English certificate from my university , here my concern is should I get certificate from university where I did my masters or the letter from university for where I did my bachelors degree .
I did master and bachelors from different university ( do I need certificate from both university or letter from any of above university is OK ).
Plus I need your help to get format/template for English letter certificate used by any successful applicant ( please send it to my personal id vishal_java2@yahoo.com )

2) I am working in abroad from last 5 years .. but currently I am in India for long business trip …so can I apply from India or I have to go back the place where I am working and apply from there …. If I am applying from India will it make any adverse affect on my application .

Thanks and regards
Visual

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:06 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vishal07
Newly Registered

Post by vishal07 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi vinny ,

Thanks for your quick reply .
Your reply solved my English language certified issue .( needs certificate from university from where I did my bachelors degree).

The only concern remain is from where I can make my initial application from country of residence ( which is Cyprus for me ) or country of origin
As currently I am in India which my country of origin , can I make by initial application from India( is it ok to make from India although India is not my country of origin )

Note: I am assuming Entry clearance is different from initial application . Entry clearance is once you got the approval .
As per above response from you .. Entry clearance needs(must) to apply from country of residence

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:12 pm

vishal07 wrote:Hi vinny ,

Thanks for your quick reply .
Your reply solved my English language certified issue .( needs certificate from university from where I did my bachelors degree).

From where did you infer that you need a certificate from university from where you did your Bachelor Degree. Please read the links provided by vinny carefully once again.

The only concern remain is from where I can make my initial application from country of residence ( which is Cyprus for me ) or country of origin
As currently I am in India which my country of origin , can I make by initial application from India( is it ok to make from India although India is not my country of origin )

Note: I am assuming Entry clearance is different from initial application . Entry clearance is once you got the approval .
As per above response from you .. Entry clearance needs(must) to apply from country of residence
Application for Tier 1 (G) is now a single stage process. The approval and EC will be given at one go. AFAIK, You can apply for Tier 1 (G) from your country of residence or country of origin.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Need your help for UK tear 1 general visa

Post by aspirant99 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:14 pm

vishal07 wrote:Hi all ,

I am new in this forum , I am planning to apply for UK tear 1 general visa .
I have all required documents and I am eligible to apply ( I checked the points ).

I have two concern that I am not very sure about …and I need your valuable guidelines in this

1) for English eligibility , I am planning to get English certificate from my university , here my concern is should I get certificate from university where I did my masters or the letter from university for where I did my bachelors degree .
I did master and bachelors from different university ( do I need certificate from both university or letter from any of above university is OK ).
Plus I need your help to get format/template for English letter certificate used by any successful applicant ( please send it to my personal id vishal_java2@yahoo.com )

2) I am working in abroad from last 5 years .. but currently I am in India for long business trip …so can I apply from India or I have to go back the place where I am working and apply from there …. If I am applying from India will it make any adverse affect on my application .

Thanks and regards
Visual
1) For english eligibility--If the PBS calculator is giving you 10 points for whichever degree you want to claim your points for the english requirement i.e either masters or bachelors then you do not need any additional evidences. Else you have to clear the tests specified in the guidleines i.e IELTS etc and get the required band for eligibility. Not sure though whether letter from university is considered for tier-1 or not. IMO it was considered as an evidence during the HSMP times not now

2)You can apply from anywhere but in my opinion it is always better to apply from the country of residence as the process is faster, easier for BHC and also to mention your passport will be with BHC and you would not be able to travel if there is a need for you to go to your country of residence...

Also, i would suggest to read the guidelines thoroughly before applying as it really helps..good luck!!

vishal07
Newly Registered

Post by vishal07 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:38 pm

hi all,

i am requesting to all guys who recently got approval .
please provide me the cover letters ( main + all section) used by you for your sucessfull applications .

if you have already uploaded somewhere , please provide me the like of ftp site ..so please send me on my mail id .

vishal_java2@yahoo.com

Thanks & Regards
Vishal

PRadeep Itnal

Post by PRadeep Itnal » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Angrezzi babu...do research on forum for cover letters. And if you hold a masters degree, english laguage certificate is not very much required AFAIK. To claim points under QUALIFICATION section, you must be saying you have Masters degree is it? then take a letter from University where you have done your masters.

Cmg to your second question. If you are on a Business Trip, you have not mentioned whether you are paid in INR or Other currency? you need to show your bank statements, payslips, if required current employers letter etc... Which country passport do u hold. India is it not? so give details of these... then it will be more clearer for forum seniors/Experts to answer your Question.
Do research on which salary Band you fall into whats the uplift ratio?.
I am sure you have enuf points.
You can always contact VFS. They will help you out.
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/ if you are some where near bangalore you can ring them up at 4008 4008.

and stop giving your Email Id in FORUM. No one is doing consultancy job over here. Hope you understand.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:23 pm

PRadeep Itnal wrote: then take a letter from University where you have done your masters.
Not necessary. Masters Degree certificate is more than enough.

Page 32 of policy guidance.

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf