ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working abroad for nearly 1 year..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

screamaway
Newly Registered

Working abroad for nearly 1 year..

Post by screamaway » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi,

I started to work in UK on 01/2008 using HSMP visa. After 2 years; I got 3 years extension. So currently I have Tier1 visa which is valid till 2013.

Currently the company I work in UK wants me to work abroad for nearly a year. (I will be going to UK in every 4-5 months.) My salary will be paid in UK, I am still renting in UK, and my taxes are paid in UK.

I will be applying for PC in 2013.

I read this from an internet site and I got worried;
"Uncertainty and serious risks face people on the path to citizenship because there are various triggers that will require someone to begin the qualifying period all over again:
Someone who is absent from the UK for more than 90 days in any twelve months period faces having to start the qualifying period. This includes where someone has nearly completed the qualifying period. Someone may have to be absent for more than 90 days (e.g. because their employer requires them to work overseas for a period; or they need to return to their home country where a sick or dying relative requires attention)."

If this is true, than I got no choice but to resign.

Any ideas if this is true or not?