ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Immigration line, worrying!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sean7398

Home Office Immigration line, worrying!

Post by Sean7398 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Hello everyone. Would like peoples opinions on what I experienced today on
the UKBA immigration help line.

My wife is going to be applying for ILR at the start of December, under Set (M). Currently in the process of collating 6 letters from 3 different sources, the sources are joint bank statements (from one bank) , electricity statements (from one company) and gas bills (from another completely different company). Speaking to a person on the line, they said that the electricity and gas bills count as one source (even if they are from different companies), at which point I started to panic. I then rang again for clarification and another person said that actually electricity and gas bills from 2 different companies count as 2 different sources.

Can anyone clarify this???

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Different company .. different source.

regards

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Typical home Office, always giving differing information!

Sean7398

Post by Sean7398 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:18 pm

So, what is the consensus? Get this, I rang them another 2 times and one person was a bit wishy washy, and another with confidence said that gas and electricity from 2 different companies are 2 different sources. ILR set (M) requires at least 6 documents. we are thinking of opening another joint savings account at a building society for added security regarding this so we have more documentation to hand.
Does anyone else had any experiences like this with letters required?

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Sean7398 wrote:So, what is the consensus? Get this, I rang them another 2 times and one person was a bit wishy washy, and another with confidence said that gas and electricity from 2 different companies are 2 different sources. ILR set (M) requires at least 6 documents. we are thinking of opening another joint savings account at a building society for added security regarding this so we have more documentation to hand.
Does anyone else had any experiences like this with letters required?

There is no hard and fast rules that you need 6 different documents that you are living together.

You just need to prove that your marriage is still subsisting and both of you are living together. The burden is on you how you are going to prove

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:58 pm

If you come from a commonwealth country, perhaps a good idea to register yourself in the UK's voters list (if you haven't already done so) and then take a letter from your local council (council may charge £15 to issue such a letter) stating you and your wife are living together in 'xyz' address and both your names are listed in the local council voter's list.

eager2learn

Re: Home Office Immigration line, worrying!

Post by eager2learn » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Sean7398 wrote:Hello everyone. Would like peoples opinions on what I experienced today on
the UKBA immigration help line.

My wife is going to be applying for ILR at the start of December, under Set (M). Currently in the process of collating 6 letters from 3 different sources, the sources are joint bank statements (from one bank) , electricity statements (from one company) and gas bills (from another completely different company). Speaking to a person on the line, they said that the electricity and gas bills count as one source (even if they are from different companies), at which point I started to panic. I then rang again for clarification and another person said that actually electricity and gas bills from 2 different companies count as 2 different sources.

Can anyone clarify this???

This is worrying. My utility bills(gas, electricity, water, phone, mobile, broadband) are all in my name, I only have my wife's name in the rental contract. We have a joint current bank accout where our salary's come in.
So that makes it just two documents where our names are together. How can I find 4 others?

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi
electricity statements (from one company) and gas bills (from another completely different company). Speaking to a person on the line, they said that the electricity and gas bills count as one source (even if they are from different companies), at which point I started to panic
They are from different sources.So are two documents not one.

Ali

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Can anyone tell me how many documents are required to prove that my spouse is living with me during ILR application? got joint rental contract, joint council tax bill, joint bank statement. Is that enough?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:04 pm

eager2learn wrote:Can anyone tell me how many documents are required to prove that my spouse is living with me during ILR application? got joint rental contract, joint council tax bill, joint bank statement. Is that enough?
Assuming you are applying using SET(M) ...

Have you read through the application form and guidance?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settl ... et%28m%29/

It sets it out quite clearly.

(Hint - check the form - section 10 note 8).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:33 pm

eager2learn, your posts regarding spouse's eligibility to ILR (and related responses) have been moved here.

regards

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:44 am

well i am about to apply for my partner and my 3 different sources are joint bank statement (2 different banks) phone bill and provisional license will this be sufficent?

jammybunn

Post by jammybunn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:26 am

There is no set requirements as to what you need to submit, obviously the more the better but generally what you would expect is a number of documents each or jointly addressed that ideally cover sporadically the entire 2 year probationary period to demonstrate that you have been genuinely subsisting throughout that period with current docs to show you are still together. As for varying sources, gas and eleccy are different companies different sources, bank statements, credit cards, phone bills, staorecards, TV license and a good one being council tax demands