ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused (Again)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charfiji
Newly Registered

Confused (Again)

Post by charfiji » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:39 am

Hi

My boyfriend from Fiji is applying for a visitors visa to stay with me in the UK. I am sponsoring him as he'll be staying with me. However, he's going to stay with his Step Brother, who is in the British Army, with his wife and kids, for the first few days of his stay - as they live near the airport. Does anyone know if this will be likely to be seen as a promblem? i.e As his sponsor do I HAVE to pick him up from the airport, and does he HAVE to be staying with me for the whole duration of his stay?

I'm already providing so many documents as his sponsor, I'm actually worried that i've provided too much. So, as he is now staying with his brother for a few days does that mean that his Bro now also has to provide all of these type of documents as well? He will be writing a letter - but does he also have to show bank statements, rental agreement, house report etc. My bf is funding his own trip with his own savings so therefore I don't really she how the financial state of his brother, who he is only staying with for 4 days, is relevant.. but just wanted to be sure. I know there's a very little chance of him getting a visitors visa anyway, being from a 'developing country' - so just making sure everything that could be covered - is covered to give him the best shot.

Thank you.

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Confused (Again)

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:57 am

Hi
My boyfriend from Fiji is applying for a visitors visa to stay with me in the UK. I am sponsoring him as he'll be staying with me. However, he's going to stay with his Step Brother, who is in the British Army, with his wife and kids, for the first few days of his stay - as they live near the airport. Does anyone know if this will be likely to be seen as a promblem? i.e As his sponsor do I HAVE to pick him up from the airport, and does he HAVE to be staying with me for the whole duration of his stay?
No
I'm already providing so many documents as his sponsor, I'm actually worried that i've provided too much. So, as he is now staying with his brother for a few days does that mean that his Bro now also has to provide all of these type of documents as well?
He will be writing a letter - but does he also have to show bank statements, rental agreement, house report etc. My bf is funding his own trip with his own savings so therefore I don't really she how the financial state of his brother, who he is only staying with for 4 days, is relevant..
Only main sponsor has to provide documents.
but just wanted to be sure. I know there's a very little chance of him getting a visitors visa anyway, being from a 'developing country' - so just making sure everything that could be covered - is covered to give him the best shot.
Opooosssssss

Ali