ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Access to child visa rule(246) update

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alikhan28
BANNED

Access to child visa rule(246) update

Post by alikhan28 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi forum

I have just seen a recent update on access to child visa.

No this rule is not mandatory referral.First this was a must referral and people time was wasted in this process.

No home office has removed this from mandatory referral.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/recentupdates/

Ali

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:25 am

Useful to know, thanks alikhan28.

BTW, is there a reason why the "Refusal wordings" (paragraph 35 on the linked page) for this category within the ECG seem to be so out of date? They include refusals for intention to work, and for not being legally separated or divorced, neither of which are requirements under 246 now.

I don't know if other categories have similarly out of date options. It must be a temptation for ECOs to refuse for the wrong reasons...

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Kitty wrote:Useful to know, thanks alikhan28.

BTW, is there a reason why the "Refusal wordings" (paragraph 35 on the linked page) for this category within the ECG seem to be so out of date? They include refusals for intention to work, and for not being legally separated or divorced, neither of which are requirements under 246 now.

I don't know if other categories have similarly out of date options. It must be a temptation for ECOs to refuse for the wrong reasons...
Before years 2000 when this categories was introduced after a ruling in European court on Yoesf case(what was exact name of case law)..

This was a visit visa category with no right to work.So home office has not changed refusal reasons yet..If you are refused for wrong reasons then you can win in appeal easily.

Ali

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:47 pm

alikhan28 wrote:
This was a visit visa category with no right to work.So home office has not changed refusal reasons yet..If you are refused for wrong reasons then you can win in appeal easily.

Ali
Hehe. "Easily" is relative when out-of-country appeals are taking 9 months to reach a hearing, but I get your point :)

The refusal wordings in the IDIs are more up to date, I see.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:24 pm

Kitty wrote:
alikhan28 wrote:

Ali
Hehe. "Easily" is relative when out-of-country appeals are taking 9 months to reach a hearing, but I get your point :)

The refusal wordings in the IDIs are more up to date, I see.
Can you send a link for these IDIs refusal.?

Ali

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:26 am

alikhan28 wrote:This was a visit visa category with no right to work.
Working should be possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:48 am

vinny wrote:
alikhan28 wrote:This was a visit visa category with no right to work.
Working should be possible.
Vinny I know working is possible on this category.

I was referring to past when this was a visit category.

Anyway thanks for link.

Ali

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:17 am

Immigration Directorate Instructions Chapter 7: see Section 1 Annex B.

I have seen this visa recently refused on the grounds that the applicant was not separated from the other parent plus failed to submit a Court order (he submitted the mother's affidavit instead as per the IDIs).

IMO completely wrong and an appeal has been made, but when it will be heard is anyone's guess.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi
I have seen this visa recently refused on the grounds that the applicant was not separated from the other parent plus failed to submit a Court order (he submitted the mother's affidavit instead as per the IDIs).
Where written in rules that other parent should be sepreated to apply for this visa catagory? No where.
It is clearly written in their guidline that eco should accept sworn statment
In my view this appeal has a very good chance.

IMO completely wrong and an appeal has been made, but when it will be heard is anyone's guess.
It takes from 6-8 months to get a hearing date and 2-3 months to get visa stamped.So in total 8-10 months

Ali

kobrien0510
Newly Registered

Post by kobrien0510 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:32 am

What is the latest,im suppose to be applying via this method next month,is a sworn paper accetable or not ?

Are there any other paperwork required ?