ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Banker from Pakistan

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Banker from Pakistan

Post by zaynab79 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:47 am

me n my husband have been working in Citi, RBS in Pakistan. i have 5 yr exp in compliance n he has 4 yr exp in branch sales and has been top performer.

i want to know is this included in occupatioin list cuz m pretty confused by that list cant make it . need help from pros here

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Banker from Pakistan

Post by raymasa2 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:28 pm

zaynab79 wrote:me n my husband have been working in Citi, RBS in Pakistan. i have 5 yr exp in compliance n he has 4 yr exp in branch sales and has been top performer.

i want to know is this included in occupatioin list cuz m pretty confused by that list cant make it . need help from pros here
Have you checked the list of eligible professions? If not, you may want to start there:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... s.asp#list

But note that the list is likely to change shortly. CIC completed public consultation on the list in April and may have a new list.

Ray

Richter

Post by Richter » Thu May 06, 2010 3:11 pm

I would say that you and your husband could possibly come under 0122 - Banking, Credit and Other Investment Managers - but this is not on the current list of eligible occupations for skilled worker visas, as posted by raymasa2.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: Banker from Pakistan

Post by potterbond007 » Sun May 09, 2010 4:58 am

zaynab79 wrote:me n my husband have been working in Citi, RBS in Pakistan. i have 5 yr exp in compliance n he has 4 yr exp in branch sales and has been top performer.

your husband doesn't come in the list of occupations.. can you tell me exactly about what you do.

chris123
- thin ice -

Post by chris123 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:37 pm

Yes you can get Immigration for Canada but you need to show good salary in your accounts and also show the experienced letter of your banks where you are doing job.

Gul
Newly Registered

Post by Gul » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:50 am

chris123 wrote:Yes you can get Immigration for Canada but you need to show good salary in your accounts and also show the experienced letter of your banks where you are doing job.

Is it possible to get immigration even if the applicant's occupation is not listed in current skill list.

Richter

Post by Richter » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:38 am

If the occupation is not on the current skills list then you can't get a skilled worker visa. There are other options, such as getting a job offer or applying for an investor visa, details of these and others are on the CIC website.

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:56 am

ive goten 2 different responses
1. i can apply
2. our occupations not in the list.

please clarify so i can ask for more details. if i can apply which code will apply to us

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:33 pm

zaynab79 wrote:ive goten 2 different responses
1. i can apply
2. our occupations not in the list.

please clarify so i can ask for more details. if i can apply which code will apply to us
If you are applying for Federal Skilled Worker without a job offer, your occupation would need to be in the list of eligible occupations. Currently there are only 29 occupations on this list.

If you have a job offer, you would need that offer approved by HRSDC, and can be any occupation in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B.

There are other ways as well. You may want to read through www.cic.gc.ca to get more information.

Ray

flyingpigs
Newly Registered

Immigration to Canada as a banker

Post by flyingpigs » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:52 am

Immigrating to Canada is one thing, getting a job is another. Not to discourage you or anything, but many skilled immigrants here end up working survival jobs, such as security guards, sales reps, janitors, etc. If you want to know more about the lives of immigrants here before moving to Canada, you can check out this website: http://www.canadianimmigrant.ca/
Hope it helps!