ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have my Tier1, now what?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manuelaux

I have my Tier1, now what?

Post by manuelaux » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:44 am

Yesterday I've received my passport with Tier1 visa.

Now what? J

I have few questions:

1) What should I do now? Do I have to register with the police upon my arrival to UK? Anything else?

2) I'm Croatian citizen and I don’t need visit visa for Republic of Ireland for visit less than 6 months but I have to go thru immigration control. But now when I have Tier1 visa and wish travel from UK to Ireland when there is no immigration control what should I do? Do I have to report to Ireland Immigration when arrive to Ireland, or there is no need for that? Is regulated immigration status in UK allows me to travel as tourist in Rep. of Ireland?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: I have my Tier1, now what?

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:22 am

manuelaux wrote:1) What should I do now? Do I have to register with the police upon my arrival to UK? Anything else?
Travel to UK when you wish to. Since you're a Croatian national you are not required to register with the police.
manuelaux wrote:I'm Croatian citizen and I don’t need visit visa for Republic of Ireland for visit less than 6 months but I have to go thru immigration control. But now when I have Tier1 visa and wish travel from UK to Ireland when there is no immigration control what should I do? Do I have to report to Ireland Immigration when arrive to Ireland, or there is no need for that? Is regulated immigration status in UK allows me to travel as tourist in Rep. of Ireland?
No, Tier 1 (General) does not allow you to travel to Republic of Ireland or any other country. Tier 1 is only for the UK and whether you can travel elsewhere without a visa depends on your nationality and not Tier 1. See also Common Travel Area.

regards

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:25 pm

OK, thanks.

I have sent mail to Ireland Embassy about non-EU travelling from UK to IRL and back, I don't want to make some immigration offence in Ireland.

More questions:

* Do I have to fill up lending card upon my arrival to UK and everytime when I come to UK?

*as non-EU national can I use EU linewhen entering UK as I have Tier1?

* is there anything else I have to do now? or just go to UK and look for the job? :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:28 pm

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. The latter.

regards

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:35 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Yes.
And what should I write ... Durance of visit: "2 years" :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Until date (where date=date of expiry of Tier 1 visa).

regards

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:13 pm

OK. I undestand now.

But, I can travel whenever I want? I will not stay in UK for complete period of 2 years? :)

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:30 pm

manuelaux wrote:OK. I undestand now.

But, I can travel whenever I want? I will not stay in UK for complete period of 2 years? :)
Yes, you can go to the UK whenever you want till you have got a valid visa, but not sure whether too many short visits will cause any concern at the immigration so please be wary of that..good luck!!

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks!

I understand.