ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ankushtyagi
Newly Registered

Bank Statements

Post by ankushtyagi » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:18 am

Hi,
I submitted my Tier 1 application yesterday.

I have an HDFC account, so the bank statements submitted by me for the maintenance funds and previous earnings were signed and stamped on every page. However, at the VFS, the attendant told me that it was preferred the statement to be on Bank Stationary, that is on a letter head. Bank does not give statements on a letter head, but signs and stamps on every page.

Do I risk my application to be rejected? Has anyone got the Tier 1 with the only stamped and signed statements on a printout on A4 paper. All these statements are otherwise genuine and authentic.

Please help.

Ankush

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Bank Statements

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:30 pm

ankushtyagi wrote:Hi,

I have an HDFC account, so the bank statements submitted by me for the maintenance funds and previous earnings were signed and stamped on every page. However, at the VFS, the attendant told me that it was preferred the statement to be on Bank Stationary, that is on a letter head. Bank does not give statements on a letter head, but signs and stamps on every page.

Do I risk my application to be rejected? Has anyone got the Tier 1 with the only stamped and signed statements on a printout on A4 paper. All these statements are otherwise genuine and authentic.

Please help.

Ankush
It really depends on the case worker..

Check the below link http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=62269
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... light=logo
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... light=logo

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Please help.

Ankush
As aruni pointed out, it depends on the case worker though it sounds a little strange. I was in the same boat when I applied for my HSMP in Feb 2008, and I sent across Bank statements printed on Dotmatrix printer by the bank, however they were Stamped and Signed.

Good luck!

ankushtyagi
Newly Registered

Post by ankushtyagi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:03 am

Thanks Aruni and FC for your inputs.

Can I do anything at this stage, so that I don't stand the risk of it being rejected. Is is possible for me to go to the British High Commission and submit a letter from the bank regarding the maintenance of funds. I know, I will have to fight with the bank people to give me a letter on their letter head stating the maintenance of funds.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:11 am

ankushtyagi wrote:Thanks Aruni and FC for your inputs.

Can I do anything at this stage, so that I don't stand the risk of it being rejected. Is is possible for me to go to the British High Commission and submit a letter from the bank regarding the maintenance of funds. I know, I will have to fight with the bank people to give me a letter on their letter head stating the maintenance of funds.
Not sure whether it will work or not but technically you can submit additional document before your case is taken up by a caseworker so it is worth a try...good luck!!..

ankushtyagi
Newly Registered

Post by ankushtyagi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:06 am

I just spoke to the VFS, they said that additional documents can't be submitted at this stage.

I went through the UKBA site again, and this was what is mentioned there.

Personal bank or building society statements covering the three-month period immediately before the application
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
your name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution's name and logo;
transactions covering the three-month period;
that there is enough funds present in the account; and
that there has been enough money present in the account for the past three months.
If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on headed paper, confirming that the statements are genuine. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

The link is
http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingin ... intenance/

My documents are actually correct on paper. But hope it is accepted. I was surprised that even the VFS was not sure of the last statement, the one in bold. They insisted that it should be on a bank stationary.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:16 am

Please read the guidance carefully.

If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on headed paper, confirming that the statements are genuine. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

Page 22 of the policy guidance
http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

ankushtyagi
Newly Registered

Post by ankushtyagi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:07 am

So it really depends on how my case worker interprets it.

Wish if I would have got a separate letter from the bank on the letter head, confirming the availability of funds. Seems like many people doing the same mistake.

Are my changes of visa being rejected high, or does it get rejected in one off case. I am really tensed, don't want to end up waiting for so long and in the end not even getting the Visa.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:19 am

ankushtyagi wrote:So it really depends on how my case worker interprets it.

Yes
ankushtyagi wrote:Wish if I would have got a separate letter from the bank on the letter head, confirming the availability of funds. Seems like many people doing the same mistake.
Reading and understanding the policy guidance is very important before you make an application
ankushtyagi wrote:Are my changes of visa being rejected high, or does it get rejected in one off case. I am really tensed, don't want to end up waiting for so long and in the end not even getting the Visa.
I understand your situation. All the best!!!

mrnngmist
Newly Registered

DONT TAKE RISK

Post by mrnngmist » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:59 am

Hi

My Tier 1 was rejected solely because of HDFC logo not there in my electronic statement.

Dont take risk

If you have net banking you can request physical statement through net banking. they will courier it with in 10 days (follow up through email with them also). this is in official stationery with logo. take it to your branch and get it sealed with bank seal and the issuing officars officila seal with his designation and employee code.

if you dont have net banking also the branch can request for physical statements from their corporate office and arrange it for you (in this case go to your branch where you hold the account - preferably - gives you demanding power).

If everything fails you can ask them to issue you with a passbook as per RBI regulations.

All The Best.

mrnngmist
Newly Registered

Oops - But still Hope

Post by mrnngmist » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:20 am

Ah, But I didn't note that you had already applied. Now it will depend on the case worker. Best of luck.

But if you are rejected for the sole reason that the statements were not on official stationery, then inform me the result on this board or send me a personal message - I will explain how you can get the visa without reapplying. Any way get the statements from hdfc bank for the exact period which you showed in the original application (the period shown in the electronic statements which you had submitted), GET THEM SEALED AND SIGNED(If the official puts a date it should be before the date on which you had submitted your application else ask him not to put any date at the time of sealing and signing and keep them handy). THIS CAN SAVE YOU IF THE REJECTION HAPPENS ON THE SOLE BASIS OF THE STATEMENTS YOU PROVIDED.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Bank ststement

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:11 am

adam1234 wrote:hi all, i am applying for student visa how much the worth of bank statement i needed,is there any alternate of bank statement can fulfill the condition for visa,because that prove can satisfied the UK embassy that i have sufficient fund available to meat the study requirement.
This wrong section to post student visa queries and don't hijack a thread. Search the section for already available info and if you don`t find any please start a new thread in the right section. Link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=41

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:26 pm

This is really sad to hear that the same mistakes have been committed by innumerable people on this forum.

All those who are likely to apply please make sure you do the following:

1. Take printed statements from any branch (or home branch) and ask the bankers to provide them to you on their letterhead/official stationery.
Official stationery necessarily has the bank logo.

Do not take print from the Dot matrix printer. In case the branch does not have other printer, go to the next bigger branch.

I have seen bank officials getting relucatant when it comes to providing statements on a letterhead as it seems to me they want to save the stationery. :evil: Put your foot down and tell me to follow whatever you say. Afterall you are just stating facts!

I myself went to ICICI Bank and demanded that if they want to charge me for stationery then also its fine but I want my account statement on their official letterhead only.

2. Ask them to sign & stamp each page of the statement.

3. Take a covering letter stating that the statement provided to you from XXX date to YYY date are authentic.

4. Be careful and check the dates/stamp/letterhead clearly on all the pages.

All the banks can provide you the above in 1 working day.
You can follow the same for your salaried account statements for the last 12 months earning.
Thanks,
Sumit.

ankushtyagi
Newly Registered

Post by ankushtyagi » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:32 am

All, thanks a lot for your inputs. I know, I will have to wait and sit tight till my visa is decided. Surely will ask for help if rejected. I am not sure if giving it under Administrative Review would take more time than reapplying.

Anyways, I just wanted to highlight it to the forum that although they mention that sign and stamped bank statements are ok, it is better to get it printed on the bank stationary by asking for statements using phone banking. Only problem is that HDFC takes 7 days to provide that.

Hope other people applying don't do the same mistake as me. Still keeping my fingers crossed. I will notify the forum if my visa was accepted or denied.

Thanks again to all of you for helping out.

Harpal Cheema
Newly Registered

Post by Harpal Cheema » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:50 pm

My Tier 1 visa was rejected for the same reason. I am planning to apply for AR and am also planning to send bank statements with the logo along with the AR request. As suggested, I have taken bank statement with logo from HDFC for exactly the same time period (as original statement), have got it signed and stamped and have also taken a supporting letter from the bank on their letterhead.

You mentioned that it should be sealed as well? Can you elaborate on that and if possible provide further advise on whether it is advisable to send this 'new statement' along with AR request. If possible, please semd me your contact no. as I would like to speak to you before I send my AR request.

Many thanks

mrnngmist
Newly Registered

Post by mrnngmist » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi Harpal

If that was the only reason then you may submit the request for admin review. but there are chances that you may be refused for the same reason since the admin reviewer may consider the current statement with logo as a new evidence. depends on the admin reviewer. if your review is refused you can opt for an appeal on limited grounds using the currently obtained hdfc statements with logo

Refer my post on- http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 5681b7b221

The seal means the seal of the bank official who signed it with his name and designation. If it was not there in the earlier statements you submitted then it is fine if it is not in this also.

You may contact me in this board itself so that everybody can benefit

ankushtyagi
Newly Registered

Post by ankushtyagi » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:07 am

My Application was rejected because of the logo. I am again applying for a Tier 1 (general) application. I am not going in for a Admin Review, since there is no guarantee that it may be accepted.

I do have a few questions

1. Can I again apply for a Tier 1 (General) in the next one or two days or do I need to wait?

2. This time, I have got a letter from the bank on the bank letter head stating that my minimum balance from 15th May 2010 to 4th Sept 2010 is Rs 271000. In addition, I have also got a certificate from the bank, that the attached bank statement have been issued by the bank. This too is on a letter head and all the pages are signed and stamped. Are there still any chances that the application may be rejected?

3. My Previous earnings salary slips proof is till June 2010. It mentions should be in a period of last 15 months. So, is the proof for previous earnings from July 2009 till June 2010 fine? The bank statements for an additional earnings proof also have a letter from the bank, that the attached statements have been issued by the bank. I got points for this without the letter being issued, but this time I am taking no chances. Is this fine, or do I need to make more additions?

Apologies, if you feel I am asking basic questions, but I just want to confirm. Please understand my situation, since my application has been rejected.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:49 am

ankushtyagi wrote:My Application was rejected because of the logo. I am again applying for a Tier 1 (general) application. I am not going in for a Admin Review, since there is no guarantee that it may be accepted.

I do have a few questions

1. Can I again apply for a Tier 1 (General) in the next one or two days or do I need to wait?

2. This time, I have got a letter from the bank on the bank letter head stating that my minimum balance from 15th May 2010 to 4th Sept 2010 is Rs 271000. In addition, I have also got a certificate from the bank, that the attached bank statement have been issued by the bank. This too is on a letter head and all the pages are signed and stamped. Are there still any chances that the application may be rejected?

3. My Previous earnings salary slips proof is till June 2010. It mentions should be in a period of last 15 months. So, is the proof for previous earnings from July 2009 till June 2010 fine? The bank statements for an additional earnings proof also have a letter from the bank, that the attached statements have been issued by the bank. I got points for this without the letter being issued, but this time I am taking no chances. Is this fine, or do I need to make more additions?

Apologies, if you feel I am asking basic questions, but I just want to confirm. Please understand my situation, since my application has been rejected.
You can apply immediately and based on the above you seem good to go. July2009 to June 2010 earnings is fine as long as you apply in Sept 2010 - The start date of earnings period should not be earlier than 15 months on the date of application.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ankushtyagi
Newly Registered

Post by ankushtyagi » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:21 pm

Are the bank statements considered by the British High Commission if the printout is taken on an A4 paper and is signed and stamped, along with a letter from the bank on the Bank Letter head that the statement is issued by the bank?

Or are these people adamant that the logo of the bank should be on every page of the bank statement, and nothing else may be accepted.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Ideally printout on any paper+stamped and a covering letter for the statements mentioning the details (from date and end date) should be good enough.

But its better to take the print on the official stationery from the bank itself. It means that it could not necessarily be the bank's A4 letter.
Some banks like HDFC have dot matrix size paper stationery for their statements. The bank logo though is clearly visible on it.

To sum it up, put some extra efforts to:
1. Take the statements on the bank's official stationery (which should have the bank logo in colour)
2. Have a covering letter as well on their A4 letterhead.
Mention the details like from date and end date and opening and closing balance as well.
3. Stamp all the papers from the bank official.
Thanks,
Sumit.

wenkat.pokkunuru
Newly Registered

Post by wenkat.pokkunuru » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi Folks,
I have a joint account with my cousin that is not a "savings account" and it is a "current account".
Can I use the same to show evidence for Maintenance Funds?

The account reflects my name.

Please advice..

wenkat.pokkunuru
Newly Registered

Post by wenkat.pokkunuru » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Also, we dont have a common name !!
would that be an issue? Do i have to include any evidence like how we are related etc ??

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:53 pm

HDFC bank has a paper stationary to issue bank statements (which would ideally be a dot matrix printed content on the bank stationary). On the other hand, if you have access to HDFC net banking, then you can request the statements online, which is applicable for a service fee.
i would say yes. Please walk into your branch and say that other branches issue statements on a HDFC bank stationary on request. If they fail to give you the statement, see the manager. Even if he / she rejects:D request it online or ask the manager for a written letter signed / stamped by the bank stating that they cant issue the statement on the stationary but on a plain paper which was signed and stamped
Please help.

Ankush
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

mrnngmist
Newly Registered

FAO - Ankush

Post by mrnngmist » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Ankush,

Were you refused only for maintenace funds for not having bank logo (10 points)?

Did they give you points for previous earnings based on the same hdfc bank statements (attributes)? -

Then decision is not at all in acccordance with law since there is inconsistency in decision making. If no points were provided for anything based on the HDFC statements then also they are documents endorsed by the bank and hence legally valid.

If so you should make an appeal to the Tribunal (not admin review) on your limited rights of appeal. Though the appeal can be made formally on these grounds only you can link it to the immigtation decision and claim that the decision was unlawful. The tribunal will then check based on your lmited appeal, whether the decision was in accordance with the law. A duly authenticated statement by one of the biggest banks in India is a valid legal document whether or not it contains a logo.

Since the appeal process may take some time you may also submit a fresh application. But a new application with logo also has no guarantee of success since these people can refuse you buy saying some other silly reasons and may not give you the points which they gave in your current application (they want to refuse you as many times as possible so that you will keep on reapplying - this is a business). But even if your next application gets rejected you have a good chance of success with your appeal(because this is legal). (you can reapply and also submit your appeal. If your reapplication is successful you have to withdraw your appeal, thats all.) But ensure you submit your appeal direct to the tribunal and it reaches them with in 28 days in UK. this 28 days period starts from the date you received the refusal decision by courier or in person, not the date on the decision. send through speed post, you will get the acknowledgement. takes 7-8 days to reach. So send fast. Or if you are running out of time send through fax to tribunal. Also ensure you submit all the bank statements you included with your original application which you might have received back along with the decision from the high commission (if faxing you can send them later by post by mentioning the matter in the appeal form, but better to send together by post).

For details and appeal application form check tribunal site - http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/immigrationasylum/

For details refer my post at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 512#401512

The following links may also be useful to clear some doubts you may have

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005 ... tents/made
http://www.ein.org.uk/jcwi/members/full.shtml?x=249802
http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKIAT/2007/00082.html

Pankina Case - Comment

http://freemovement.wordpress.com/2010/ ... -succeeds/
"Where next for the PBS, and what do do at an upcoming appeal hearing? Well, the only strictly binding bits of the system which must be applied rigidly are the bits set out in the Immigration Rules and Appendices. The ‘requirements’ (perhaps ‘suggestions’ is now a better word) set out in the guidance must be interpreted sensibly and flexibly in line with the relevant Immigration Rule and its purpose. If a person dips briefly below the required funds threshold but is otherwise above it, their application should be allowed by UKBA or, failing that, their appeal should be allowed. If an applicant presents bank statements from an online account that do not meet the exact requirements set out in the guidance, a judge needs to assess whether the funds are held and make a judgment, rather than apply a tick box approach. Some of these judgments may well be difficult ones."

If you have any doubts you can ask on this board. i dont give my other contact details and I am not in to consulting.

ALL THE BEST

Harpal Cheema
Newly Registered

Post by Harpal Cheema » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 am

Dear mrnngmist

Thanks for your detailed guidance. Since you have gone through the appeal process, can you please advise how long did it take for your appeal to be decided - as per the 'tribunals' website, they can take upto 24 weeks! If you could advise the duration it took for your case to be decided, at least we can plan for that duration (e.g if it will take 24 weeks then we have to plan for arranging kids schooling in India and cancel admissions in UK schools etc..., but if it will take only upto 4-8 weeks, then perhaps we can simply wait out this period). Please advise.

Fyg, I have already applied for Admin review (its been more than 2 weeks already), and am also planning to apply with a fresh application in case 'Admin review' is also negative. At the same time I am also planning to file an appeal as suggested by you.

Thanks and best regards

Harpal