ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cant get Spain appointment,go to German embassy instead?HELP

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ryanluong
Newly Registered

cant get Spain appointment,go to German embassy instead?HELP

Post by ryanluong » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 am

Dear Immigrationboard members,
Please advice me about this SCHENGEN VISA issue again, although I see there are couples of post about this topics. But everyone advise that one should apply to the Embassy of main/first entry.

I am non-EU/UK citizen but resident in the UK as full-time student until 2012.

Now, I need to go to Spain in 5 weeks and I cannot get SCHENGEN VISA appointment on time at Spanish embassy. However, I manage to get an appointment at German Embassy in 1 week.

I already booked and paid non-refundable ticket and hotels with EasyJet, Lastminute. I will lose all my money and an important event if I cannot go to Spain. So please advise me, with your knowledge and experiences, would I be refused to enter Spain if I was issued a multiple entries by German embassy?

I should have prepared and plan carefully before the trip. This is a lesson for me, a risk of losing all money. Anyway, what's done is done, now please advise me on my question and help me to find a direction to be able to go on with my trip to Spain.

Now, I know the rule of Schengen VISA and I definitely go to Germany sometimes after my Spanish trip within the duration of issued VISA. So please advise me to the point, or if you have any similar experience, please also discuss here.

Many thanks,
Ryan

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: cant get Spain appointment,go to German embassy instead?

Post by 86ti » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:10 am

ryanluong wrote:Please advice me about this SCHENGEN VISA issue again, although I see there are couples of post about this topics. But everyone advise that one should apply to the Embassy of main/first entry.
For a reason. And your case is no different.

ryanluong wrote:Now, I know the rule of Schengen VISA and I definitely go to Germany sometimes after my Spanish trip within the duration of issued VISA.
Provided that it will indeed be valid for that long and/or a multiple entry visa... Anyway, you will have to show to the Germany embassy that you will really go to Germany and you may get a visa which is exactly valid for that purpose.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: cant get Spain appointment,go to German embassy instead?

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:31 am

86ti wrote:
ryanluong wrote:Please advice me about this SCHENGEN VISA issue again, although I see there are couples of post about this topics. But everyone advise that one should apply to the Embassy of main/first entry.
For a reason. And your case is no different.

ryanluong wrote:Now, I know the rule of Schengen VISA and I definitely go to Germany sometimes after my Spanish trip within the duration of issued VISA.
Provided that it will indeed be valid for that long and/or a multiple entry visa... Anyway, you will have to show to the Germany embassy that you will really go to Germany and you may get a visa which is exactly valid for that purpose.
Yes, the German's will ask to see hotel bookings. Plus no guarantee of a multi or longer term visa, every time my partner has had a German-issued Schengen it's been the meanest possible! And she's had a work permit for Germany for a year recently....

Plus don't forget travel/health insurance
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ryanluong
Newly Registered

Post by ryanluong » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:05 pm

I had 1 year travel insurance and everything booked, refundable hotel, refundable air ticket to Germany. Everything which is non-refundable is for Spain. But I will include all Germany, Italy, Spain into my trip, therefore make sure that they give me multiple entries.

My friend (non-EU/UK/Singapore) who going with me he already got a multiple entries to Germany last week. He even only book 1 night stay in Hamburg. For the record, German embassy doesn't need his original documents, only need electronic copies (without stamp, print off from website, email) of bank statement, student certificate, bookings, etc. They return the passport 4 days after appointment, painless, friendly, easy. Why Spain is so pain!!