ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hema177
Newly Registered

Got my Tier 1

Post by hema177 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:25 am

Hi All,

I got my Tier 1 EC yesterday.

Applied on - 5th Aug
Received on -19th Aug.

I read somewhere that if I travel to UK within 28 days of receiving the EC, I would be eligible to apply for ILR after 2 years, otherwise I will be eligible for ILR only after 5 years.

Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions and support.

Regards,

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Got my Tier 1

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:06 am

hema177 wrote:Hi All,

I got my Tier 1 EC yesterday.

Applied on - 5th Aug
Received on -19th Aug.

I read somewhere that if I travel to UK within 28 days of receiving the EC, I would be eligible to apply for ILR after 2 years, otherwise I will be eligible for ILR only after 5 years.

Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions and support.

Regards,
Congrats!!

As per the current rules one has to spend 5 years to be eligible for ILR..

IMO, if you travel within 28 days then it might save you from an additional extension after your first extension of 3 years..however, meanwhile you have to comply to the other rules like the number of days out of UK etc to be eligible to apply for an ILR towards the end of your 5 years..But this is my understanding so pleaase wait for responses from others to confirm this..good luck!!

hema177
Newly Registered

Re: Got my Tier 1

Post by hema177 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:34 am

hey thanks for that...

Also, I am planning to go there in Mid Oct... so will the no of days from now 20th Aug till say 20th Oct count towards 'Out of UK' days? I hope I am making sense...

Regards,

H

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:12 am

No, your 'out of uk' days are the number of days spent outside uk from the day you land in UK and when you apply for ILR.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:55 am

The period of 5 yrs begins from the date that you first enter UK, the later you enter the later will that period start.

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:27 pm

And if I go 3 weeks per year on vacations outside UK does that mean that these days does not count?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:46 pm

manuelaux wrote:And if I go 3 weeks per year on vacations outside UK does that mean that these days does not count?
Annex A – Calculation of the five year period for settlement
In assessing whether or not an applicant has fulfilled the requirement to have spent five years in continuous residence in the UK, short absences abroad, for example for holidays (consistent with annual paid leave) or business trips (consistent with maintaining employment or self-employment in the United Kingdom), may be disregarded, provided the applicant has clearly continued to be based here.
Discretion in cases where continuous residence has been broken
In addition, time spent here may exceptionally be aggregated, and continuity not insisted upon, in cases where:
•
there have been no absences abroad (apart from those described in the paragraph above) and authorised employment or business here has not been broken by any interruptions of more than three months or amounting to more than six months in total;
or
•
there have been longer absences abroad, provided the absences were for compelling grounds either of a compassionate nature or for reasons related to the applicant's employment or business in the United Kingdom. None of the absences abroad should be of more than three months duration, and they must not amount to more than six months in total for the whole five year period..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Well, i hope my country will join EU in next few years so I hope I has nothing to worrie about :) :) :)

hema177
Newly Registered

Post by hema177 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:29 am

aruni4470 wrote:
manuelaux wrote:And if I go 3 weeks per year on vacations outside UK does that mean that these days does not count?
Annex A – Calculation of the five year period for settlement
In assessing whether or not an applicant has fulfilled the requirement to have spent five years in continuous residence in the UK, short absences abroad, for example for holidays (consistent with annual paid leave) or business trips (consistent with maintaining employment or self-employment in the United Kingdom), may be disregarded, provided the applicant has clearly continued to be based here.
Discretion in cases where continuous residence has been broken
In addition, time spent here may exceptionally be aggregated, and continuity not insisted upon, in cases where:
•
there have been no absences abroad (apart from those described in the paragraph above) and authorised employment or business here has not been broken by any interruptions of more than three months or amounting to more than six months in total;
or
•
there have been longer absences abroad, provided the absences were for compelling grounds either of a compassionate nature or for reasons related to the applicant's employment or business in the United Kingdom. None of the absences abroad should be of more than three months duration, and they must not amount to more than six months in total for the whole five year period..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Hey thanks for this, I was looking for this...

Regards,

H

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:59 am

If settlement (as it is granted under current rules) will exist in 2015, that is!

regards