ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for a family

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saadinov
Newly Registered

ILR application for a family

Post by saadinov » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Hello,
I thank everybody here for their support and contributions.

I need some clarifications about the way we should apply for ILR.
I read the guide about how to apply on the HO website but it's confusing.
We came to the UK about 14 years ago my wife and me. We never left the country since. We have 3 children, born here on 2004. they are 6 years old. They are in year 2 of the primary school.
In the ILR application form for long residence cases they say we can't include dependants. So how can we make a family application ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

chorc123

Re: ILR application for a family

Post by chorc123 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:40 am

saadinov wrote:Hello,
I thank everybody here for their support and contributions.

I need some clarifications about the way we should apply for ILR.
I read the guide about how to apply on the HO website but it's confusing.
We came to the UK about 14 years ago my wife and me. We never left the country since. We have 3 children, born here on 2004. they are 6 years old. They are in year 2 of the primary school.
In the ILR application form for long residence cases they say we can't include dependants. So how can we make a family application ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Hi, I think you should get legal advice first, get a good solicitor is the most important. Please see the thread on the top of this ILR forum for 14 years case. I think it is no dependence allowed on 14 years case. Once you got your ILR, your kids will be ok.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:36 am

See also spouse visa is expiring, how can he extend? If your wife also satisfies the Long residence requirements, then she may also apply for SET(O); KOL required for adult settlement applications. Else, she may apply for FLR(M).

As regards to the children, if they were born in the UK, then see also need for a dependent visa?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jammybunn

Post by jammybunn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:44 am

Costly, 2x long res applications if you and spouse been here that long. applications for each child as child of settled parent (on the assumption that both parents are granted under the rules)