ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding Previous Earnings and UK experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajivshukla
Newly Registered

Questions regarding Previous Earnings and UK experience

Post by rajivshukla » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi friends,
I am planning to apply for Tier-1 (General) visa in November this year. I would like to seek your help regarding the following queries with respect to Previous Earnings and UK Experience.

Was working in UK in Tier 2 intra company transfer visa for a year from Aug 01,2009 till July 31 2010. During this period, I was paid in UK and in India as well.

Planning to claim points for the previous earnings as follows:

1) 9 months of UK salary + Indian salary (with no uplift ratio) for the period November 2009 to July 2010.
2) 3 months of Indian salary(with uplift ratio) for the period Aug 2010 to October 2010.

Queries:

1) Can I claim 5 points for UK experience(25,000 pounds earnings) by including the Indian salary for those 9 months?

As per the policy guidance for Tier 1 General Visa::: The country in which the applicant has physically undertaken the work, rather than his/her nationality, the currency payment is made in or the country in which payment is made, determines the income band against which we will assess the earnings.

2) Planning to submit a letter from my employer for my uk earnings( for earnings in india,will submit salary slips).My net Salary in UK was split into 2 components - subsistence and allowance.The subsistence amount was paid at the beginning of the month while the allowance amount was paid at the end of the subsequent month.For example,the payment received on 1st Jan 2010 will include the subsistence amount for the month of Jan 2010 and allowance amount for the month of November 2009.

Can you please provide me a cover letter template for the above scenario using which i need to ask for a letter from my employer.The gross salary for a month,net salary and again need to split the net salary into subsistence and allowance,Payment date for the allowance component and payment date for the subsistence component and bank account details. For couple of months, I received the payments from my employer with a slight delay and in those scenarios, I was paid in world money travel card instead of UK bank account. I can get the bank statements for both the world money travel card and UK bank.

Kindly advise.

Rajiv

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:58 am

To answer the first part of your query, you can claim 5 points for UK experience if you sow that atleast £25000 of your earnings were made in UK. So IMHO you cannot use your earnings in India to claim points under UK experience.

156. If an applicant has claimed points in the section for previous earnings, and these were for earnings made both in the United Kingdom and outside the United Kingdom, at least £25,000 of the earnings must be United Kingdom earnings to receive the points for UK.

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf