ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility two years down the line?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aaj123

ILR eligibility two years down the line?

Post by aaj123 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:11 pm

I have been living in the UK since Aug 2007. Until Feb 2009, my visa type was 'Work Permit'. Since Feb 2009, my visa type has been Tier 2 (Intra Com Tran). I now plan to apply for a Tier 1 visa in the next couple of weeks and I expect this to be valid for 2 years.

My question is that two years down the line when my Tier 1 visa will be nearing expiry, will I be eligible for ILR on the basis of my 5 year stay?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR eligibility two years down the line?

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:15 pm

aaj123 wrote:I have been living in the UK since Aug 2007. Until Feb 2009, my visa type was 'Work Permit'. Since Feb 2009, my visa type has been Tier 2 (Intra Com Tran). I now plan to apply for a Tier 1 visa in the next couple of weeks and I expect this to be valid for 2 years.

My question is that two years down the line when my Tier 1 visa will be nearing expiry, will I be eligible for ILR on the basis of my 5 year stay?
I don't think ICT counts anymore as it was being abused but wait for others.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

aaj123

Re: ILR eligibility two years down the line?

Post by aaj123 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Wanderer wrote:
aaj123 wrote:I have been living in the UK since Aug 2007. Until Feb 2009, my visa type was 'Work Permit'. Since Feb 2009, my visa type has been Tier 2 (Intra Com Tran). I now plan to apply for a Tier 1 visa in the next couple of weeks and I expect this to be valid for 2 years.

I don't think ICT counts anymore as it was being abused but wait for others.
Did some more digging around on the Internet and my understanding now is that those who applied for and received a Tier 2 ICT after 6th April 2010 will not be eligible for settlement / ILR based on time spent in the UK on their Tier 2 ICT visa. However, those who received Tier 2 ICT earlier than 6th April 2010 are still eligible for ICT.

Please correct me if the above understanding is incorrect. If correct, then I believe I will be eligible for ILR two years down the line.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:37 pm

That is provided ILR still exists 2 yrs down the line! :)