ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 visa refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

somsom2010
Newly Registered

Tier 1 visa refusal

Post by somsom2010 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:11 pm

I am working as self employed when i applied for the visa i attached Bank statements and an accountant letter to prove my previous earning.
I haven't paid tax during the period claimed as i am not eligible to pay tax so the accountant letter state only the gross income and he also explained that they are unable to determine the taxable previous earning from the information at hand and they will not be able comment on the net earnings for the period under review.
I want to know they are condensing the gross income or net income as prove of previous earnings . and what should i state when applying for administration review ? is it possible to get approved in this case ?
Regards

askhan
United Kingdom

Re:

Post by askhan » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:05 am

Where are you applying from ? Admin review cant be made inside UK ?

You need to show NI Contribution letter as well.

somsom2010
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by somsom2010 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:47 am

askhan wrote:Where are you applying from ? Admin review cant be made inside UK ?

You need to show NI Contribution letter as well.
Many thanks for your reply i have applied in south Africa, actually i only don't understand one point which is on how they assessed the previous earning by the gross income or net income in my case i am a self employed(contractor) receive my income from clients then i deposited every and each money immediately into my bank account .and i had never paid tax during the claimed period .my accountant letter was only the reason of the refusal because he state that he only can state the gross as i didn't provide any tax documents so he couldn't detail the net earnings.therefore ECO gave me 0 for the previous earnings and refused my application .So please i need to know how can i correct this issue and does the profit of the business mean gross or net? , i need your advise whether to apply for administrative review or reapply and how should the accountant letter state?and if there any accountant letter template fits my case?Thanks.

coolgus029
Newly Registered

Post by coolgus029 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:42 am

hi,
am going to apply for tier1 in oct 2010.
i am earning from self employed and salary.
i am having accountant letter , utr letter,bank statements and invoices. employee liability insurance.
what else i need to provide from sec 142.

can you please advise me on this issue.
many thanx

skomati

Post by skomati » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:43 am

hi,askhan,
where & how can i get the NI contributions letter from?

askhan
United Kingdom

RE

Post by askhan » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:55 am

@ somsom: why dont you paid the tax, what is the tax period in South Africa.
you need to discuss this issue with accountant. as we are in UK and can tell u about UK tax period but not for SA.

@ Sko.. : You should receive the NI letter in post if you are registered as a self employed. if havent received yet it means its been lost, you nee to contact to HM rev and ask them. Point 142. NI letter is also important as the HO can see that you are paying something.