ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer deported back to Ghana

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Casapot

Overstayer deported back to Ghana

Post by Casapot » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Hello I wonder if someone could give me some advice so that I can pass it on to cousin.

So here goes,... My cousin's fiancee who is a Ghanaian National was deported back to Ghana after overstaying his visa. He lived here for 10 years obviously working illegally. He met my cousin 3 years ago and during that time they had a baby girl who is now a year old. They were due to get married in October this year, but he was deported 6 months ago.
They have since been ripped off by various Ghanaian lawyers and seemed to have made very little progress. He has a job waiting here for him and obviously a home and family,

My cousin is a British National born in England

Could anybody advise on what to do to help to reunite the family.

Many thanks

:D
Last edited by Casapot on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:45 pm

It may help others suggest you appropriately if you share your cousin's immigration status in the UK.

regards

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:48 pm

sushdmehta wrote:It may help others suggest you appropriately if you share your cousin's immigration status in the UK.

regards
She is a British National born in the UK.

Thankyou sushmehta :D

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:59 pm

The two get married in home country and then the individual applies for spouse visa to enter UK. The overstay in the UK should have no bearing on the spouse application (320(7C)).

regards

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:32 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The two get married in home country and then the individual applies for spouse visa to enter UK. The overstay in the UK should have no bearing on the spouse application (320(7C)).

regards
Thankyou, Do you know where I can find out what documents are needed to marry in Ghana

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Was he deported or removed?

there could well be a ban imposed.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Wanderer wrote:Was he deported or removed?

Hi Wanderer,
Well I know he was in a detention centre for about 3 months and went through court proceedings before he was deported. Sorry what is the difference between removed and deported?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Casapot wrote:

Hi Wanderer,
Well I know he was in a detention centre for about 3 months and went through court proceedings before he was deported. Sorry what is the difference between removed and deported?

Was he given instruction to leave or physically placed on the plane and his passport returned. Did he pay for his own flight?

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Casapot wrote:

Hi Wanderer,

Was he given instruction to leave or physically placed on the plane and his passport returned. Did he pay for his own flight?
He was physically put on the plane from the detention centre. He did not pay for his own flight.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Casapot wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Casapot wrote:

Hi Wanderer,

He was physically put on the plane from the detention centre. He did not pay for his own flight.
Not good, I suspect it will be a ten year ban for any EC to UK even spouse but wait for other's opinions.

If he'd have left of his own volition and paid his flight things would have so much easier, but now the UKBA will want their pound of flesh having spent so much of the UK taxpayers taxdollars to remove him.

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Casapot wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Casapot wrote:
Hi Wanderer,

Not good, I suspect it will be a ten year ban for any EC to UK even spouse but wait for other's opinions.

If he'd have left of his own volition and paid his flight things would have so much easier, but now the UKBA will want their pound of flesh having spent so much of the UK taxpayers taxdollars to remove him.
Ok Wanderer Thankyou for yr advice... Uphill struggle then for them :cry:

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:58 am

I think Wanderer is wrong. The op's relation was not deported but removed. Whether or not he was removed at secretary of state expenses, will have no bearing, as paragraph 320(7c) which was previously mentioned, will be applicable, if the individual, will be, as it appear to be the case, married to a british national
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:06 am

Obie wrote:I think Wanderer is wrong. The op's relation was not deported but removed. Whether or not he was removed at secretary of state expenses, will have no bearing, as paragraph 320(7c) which was previously mentioned, will be applicable, if the individual, will be, as it appear to be the case, married to a british national
Oh thanks Obie will have to look more into this :D

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by HRY2005 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Depoted or removed, does not have any bearing if the applicant is a spouse of a british citizen, according to 320(7B) (v) & (7C)
Live and let live