ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student brother and Resident Sister

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BookWorm
Newly Registered

Student brother and Resident Sister

Post by BookWorm » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Hello,

My sister resides in the UK with an ILR and I'm currently under Tier 4(Student) Visa which doesn't expire until June 2012.

I have been living here under Tier 4(Student) Visa for 1 year and 6 months and I was wondering wether I can apply for an ILR or naturalisation?

I've extended my stay once and was granted my second Tier 4(Student) Visa on January 25th 2010.

Thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Student brother and Resident Sister

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:05 pm

BookWorm wrote:Hello,

My sister resides in the UK with an ILR and I'm currently under Tier 4(Student) Visa which doesn't expire until June 2012.

I have been living here under Tier 4(Student) Visa for 1 year and 6 months and I was wondering wether I can apply for an ILR or naturalisation?

I've extended my stay once and was granted my second Tier 4(Student) Visa on January 25th 2010.

Thank you
No, the only path open to you is 10 years legal stay, or 14 years any stay but chances are both those options will go under the present Gov.

Or marriage, or switch to skill-based visa when you finish your studies and you can find a licenced sponsor.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:15 pm

BookWorm, I agree with Wanderer, your sister's status helps you ..... not at all!
John

BookWorm
Newly Registered

Post by BookWorm » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:06 am

Thank you for the replies Wanderer and John.

I think I will just go for either the highly skilled migrant, post-study work or temporary worker.

All this is years ahead, I won't actually do anything until I've got my Masters (Maybe PhD). I'm just planning :)