ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY MEMBER VISA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DALILA0512
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY MEMBER VISA

Post by DALILA0512 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:22 pm

hello everyone
i did post recently regarding a EEA family permit for my mother in law
as im filling the application,i would love to get any advice for anyone who did it recently.
i resume my situation.
im a french citizen living in england since 1998,my husband is from dominican republic and he's got the 5 year permit due to our mariage.
now we trying to get my mother in law here,she is dependant of my husband as he sending her money every month since 6 month as she is not working and she is not married also.
the document im gonna join do the application are:letter from our employers,bills with our names,receipt of western union,a copy certified of my passport,wedding certificate,my husband act of birth.
im wondering what more do we need ?
thanks a lot

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:17 pm

I would include a certified copy of your husband's Residence Card to show that the Home Office accepted your marriage as genuine. Important is to prove the family relationship (in this case a two-step process: marriage certificate and birth certificate of your husband, copy of your passport) and prove of the financial dependence (WU receipts).
The employer's letter and bills are not necessary I think, but they will certainly not harm the application

DALILA0512
Newly Registered

Post by DALILA0512 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Hello everyone
me again with same subject and hopefully i will get help again as itwas very useful last time.
my mother in law got her 6 month visa quite easily.before her visa expired last month we did applied for the 5 year residency,i put inside the application,all kind of documents,payslips,my i.d,her passport,my husband act of birth and our wedding certificate to show our relationship.
today i did received a letter from the home office and i was quite surprised and was nothing like i did expected!!
basically they were not sure about her right to work in this country,and they did not explained why?
they joint a letter of possible example.
like maybe the applicant has not provided satisfactory evidence of identity or relationship to the EU citizen(what more do they need?)
and also maybe the applicant is an extended family member and there is not automatic right!(i went to the home office website and she is not extended but it does say as the mother of spouse she got the same right as i do.
i dont get it at all!!
my mother in law got a part time job and unless she got a certificate of application she wont be able to carry on working>
please please,could it be an error from the case worker who did not process the file properly?also she did received a national insurance number so easily so i dont get this letter.
thanks in advance.