ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Born in UK Baby Visa / PBS Dependant Form Queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

musique79
Newly Registered

Born in UK Baby Visa / PBS Dependant Form Queries

Post by musique79 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Hello

Sincere aplogies if this has been answered before, I did my best to search before posting.

I am on Tier-1 & my wife on Tier 1 Dependant.

We are going to have a baby very soon (hopefully in next few days!) and I want to apply for a dependant visa for the baby as we need to travel to India in about 2 months.

I had some questions (may be stupid & obvious) as I dont want to get it wrong and have the application rejected.

I assume I'll have to fill the new PBS dependant form

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dependants

I had some questions re the form

1) Does a week old infant needs proper passport size photograps and if so how on earth we get it done?

2) Do I need to send mine and my wife's original passports or photocopies will do? Or mine original and my wife's photocopy? In case of any photocopy, do we need to get it attested? Self-attest?

3) What do I fill in question C1

C1. Under what nationality did the dependant enter the United Kingdom?

If child is born here, did they "enter" ?

4) I am totally at loss to understand what / how to fill Section D as it says "it is mandatory to complete Section D. If it is not complete the application will be invalid and will be returned ...".

There are a lot of questions in that section that do not apply to a child born in UK as she wont have a history of visa, reference numbers, etc

I will really really appreciate if someone has applied using this form for a child born in UK recently can help me with this.

5) What do I do with signature, do I need to take a thumb print? Left? Right?

Your guidance on the above will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards
GP

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:21 pm

When question(s) cannot be answered due to the fact that the applicant is born in the UK, common sense suggests that you state the same - "applicant born in the UK" in response to such questions!

One of the parents should sign the form (as normal).

regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Born in UK Baby Visa / PBS Dependant Form Queries

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:34 pm

musique79 wrote:1) Does a week old infant needs proper passport size photograps and if so how on earth we get it done?
Reading the photo guidance would answer this question.

Children
•
Photographs of children aged six and over must meet the full format requirements set out in this guidance.
•
Photographs of children aged five and under must show a clear image that is a true likeness of the child. As young children can be difficult to photograph, children aged five and under do not need to have a neutral expression or to look directly at the camera, but they must face forward and meet all other format requirements.
•
In addition, babies under one year old do not need to have their eyes open even though this is preferable. All other requirements must be met. If the baby’s head needs to be supported, the supporting hand must not be in the picture.
•
If you have difficulty in meeting these conditions, you should use a photographer instead of a photo booth.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 193059.pdf

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Born in UK Baby Visa / PBS Dependant Form Queries

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:36 pm

musique79 wrote:1) Does a week old infant needs proper passport size photograps and if so how on earth we get it done?
At any photo studio on earth!

regards

musique79
Newly Registered

Post by musique79 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:05 pm

sushdmehta wrote:When question(s) cannot be answered due to the fact that the applicant is born in the UK, common sense suggests that you state the same - "applicant born in the UK" in response to such questions!

regards
Thanks for the quick response. Regarding signature I asked because I thought perhaps they require the thumb impression of the baby (where it says signature of the applicant) as is required by the Indian High Commission.

Also would be grateful if you could advise if I need to send my original passport with my baby's application.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 pm

musique79 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:When question(s) cannot be answered due to the fact that the applicant is born in the UK, common sense suggests that you state the same - "applicant born in the UK" in response to such questions!

regards
Thanks for the quick response. Regarding signature I asked because I thought perhaps they require the thumb impression of the baby (where it says signature of the applicant) as is required by the Indian High Commission.

Also would be grateful if you could advise if I need to send my original passport with my baby's application.
no u dont
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

musique79
Newly Registered

Post by musique79 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:27 am

push wrote:
musique79 wrote:

regards

no u dont
Just for info, I had emailed UKBA and this is what I got in response

Child born in the UK

If your child was born in the UK and you currently have limited leave to remain, you will need to obtain and complete application form FLR(O), or PBS (Dependant) if you were granted leave to remain under the Points Based System, in order for them to be granted leave to remain as your dependant.

On form FLR(O), the baby's details should be entered in Section 1 - Applicant's Details. On form PBS (Dependant), the baby's details should be entered in Section 2 - Dependant's Details. You should enclose your own passport with the application.

If you will be leaving the UK and do not intend to return under the conditions of your current leave to remain, you are not required to make an application to the UK Border Agency for your baby. They are deemed to have leave to remain in the UK until you leave.

If you will be making an application for further leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain and do not intend to travel before you do so, you can include the baby as your dependant at that time. However please note, if you travel outside the UK before your baby obtains leave to remain, you will need to obtain Entry Clearance for the baby before you return to the UK.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:17 pm

push wrote:
musique79 wrote:

regards

no u dont
Is it mentioned anywhere that you can submit a photocopy - cause if it isn't then you have to submit the original as the rule is for all other documents.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:33 pm

My colleague recently got approval for her kid. She simply provided main applicant's passport's copy (main page, current leave). I am also aware of tens of other cases. The policy guidance does not list main applicant's passport as supporting document to be submitted either. HO has all details about the applicant already.
regards,
push

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Guess it is a little ambiguous as the policy guidance says -

It is the dependant’s responsibility to provide the evidence to support any statements made in his/her application.
Any documentary evidence that the dependant provides should be original (unless otherwise stated).

But if it has been done before and that too successfully, it must be acceptable. :)

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:01 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:Guess it is a little ambiguous as the policy guidance says -

It is the dependant’s responsibility to provide the evidence to support any statements made in his/her application.
Any documentary evidence that the dependant provides should be original (unless otherwise stated).

But if it has been done before and that too successfully, it must be acceptable. :)
Which I would assume means even a copy is not required :)
regards,
push

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:58 pm

As i said - ambiguous! :)