ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent-Appendix 8

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samira_uk
BANNED

Urgent-Appendix 8

Post by samira_uk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi,

I have appointment on Wed 25th Aug. This morning UKBA changed the appendix 8 of the application form.

In the question 5.7 it asks you about the method of assessment for English courses. I assessed by an online test of sponsor and explained it in the question 5.5. But in question 5.7 there are options which none of the are applicable for an application who was assessed by online test. Because there is no references or certificate or transcripts available in online test.

Then, what should I put in this question? I think that I should not choose any option and leave the question blank.

Please answer the senior members as I am very stressful.

Thank you

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:51 pm

have you done a course in the UK previously?

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:16 pm

No. But what is the relevance of this question?

I think that the form designed badly. Until yesterday, there was a similar problem in the appendix 8 for students coming to study degree level. They fixed it but now make a new ambiugity in the form.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:41 pm

In addition, I have a more general question:

on what basis ECO makes a decision? On the information in the appendix 8 or on the information provided by sponsor in CAS related record? In the other word, ECO will reject if the appendix 8 filled wrongly or when the information supplied in the CAS are not proper?

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Is there any idea?

I have two options:
leave the question blank and ignore it.
Leave it blank but explain in the additional information that as I assessed by other means and I explained in 5.5 then I could not answer to this question. I think that this option is not necessary as I already explained in question 5.5 that I assessed by other means.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:44 am

Any Idea? I have an appointment for tommorrow. The college agrees with me and thinks that no option should be selected as the assessment method described in question 5.5.

Regards

aravinthan
Newly Registered

Post by aravinthan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:03 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lish-tests

Please read this. Was your CAS issued before 12 Aug 2010? Then you wont have any problem. Whats your main course? Read this links carefully! Thats all need.

Also read the CAS letter. There should be a section called "Documents On CAS". You will only need to submit the originals of those docs. if you are not sure the docs on CAS, then call the college and ask!

Wahst your main course?

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:52 pm

My CAS issued after 12 Aug but the changes in 12 Aug did not have any effect on English courses and they were for non english courses.

In addition, in CAS no document listed and "Online Test" is mentioned as the method of assessment.

letsgo2uk
Newly Registered

Post by letsgo2uk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi

@ samira_uk

today is 27 so u have already been applied for visa, one thing I would like to mention that in 5.7 UKBA is asking about English language Ability i.e. I think your IELTS test or TOFEL (what ever your uni require) and it also written on your CAS as a prove, so consequently u have to put x on The original qualification certificate. because you have your IELTS test report.

This is my understanding, I am correct? If not then please do correct me in this regard, I am about to submit my application.

Yes one thing I would like to ask you that, how long your ATAS clearance took? I have applied on 12 Aug still waiting

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi,

Yes I applied 2 days ago. As I told before, I assessed by the online test of the college and NO DOCUMENT listed in my CAS. It is only mention that I assessed by an online test and my result was CEFR level B1. That'a all. My friends could get visa by such CAS before and now my problem is the new Appendix 8 and its effects on the visa application.

To be honest, I think that ECOs dont get Appendix 8 and VAF 9 so seriously and they only concerened about the CAS and the required documents. Then, the only vital point in Appendix 8 is CAS number!!!

letsgo2uk
Newly Registered

Post by letsgo2uk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:42 pm

OIC, so you have bit different case, ok what abt your ATAS??

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:27 am

I got my application this morning and refused as I did not submit the documents for online test!!!!!! My sister got her visa exactly with the same documents one month ago. They refused under Appendix A of immigration rules which indicates you should provide the supporting documents.

I think that after 12 Aug, online test is no longer accepted as a method of assessment and all students of english courses should provide a document to support their application. It is very interesting because it was supposed that the changes of 12 Aug do not have any effect on English courses, but it has.

I am going to reapply and provide documents for my online test!!!

aravinthan
Newly Registered

Post by aravinthan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:24 pm

I did tell you this. This is a grey area.

The college should have provided the method of assesement to the home office when they generated the CAS no. They must then tell you what documents they provided to the home office to generate the CAS. This is called "DOCUMENTS IN CAS". you must take the originals of that documents.

Is your level of study above B1?

aravinthan
Newly Registered

Post by aravinthan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:55 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

read pragraph 57 of this guidance. I think this is the one applicable to you. Now key word is "FORMAL". Is online assesemnt formal? No body klnows. To be in safe side, i would recomenond you to sit a secured english language test and prove your are above B1 level. then all done.

you can find the list of approved secured english language tests here. no big deal!!

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... estst4.pdf

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Yes, but my sister got her visa last month exactly with this online test. I think everything is changed after 12 aug.

About the test, I have IELTS with overall band of 4.5 but my Reading is 3.5 Then I do not know that if it is acceptable by the UKBA? Because according to the rules, the secure language tests and scores are not for English Courses. Then, do you think that I could provide this IELTS and the college states in the CAS that assessed it at CEFR level B1?

Regards

aravinthan
Newly Registered

Post by aravinthan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:31 pm

The policy guidance states the college can chose "SUITABLE METHOD OF ASSESMENT". Then again It says "FORMAL" assesment (which is more relavant to your case). No body knows if online test is FORMAL or not. also, in any case you mst provide the ORIGINALS of the documents that are in CAS. How do you get the originals for online test?

Note you can not use the previous CAS. You must generate a new CAS no. AND ASK YOUR COLLEGE WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE IN CAS?

Your IELTS can not be used as this requires 4.0 in every module.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Thank you. But the my question is that the requirement of 4.0 in all four modules is not applicable to non-english courses. Therefore, I am going to submit it as it is not required by english courses.