ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 makes things dead easy ..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

webhunter
Member of Standing

Tier1 makes things dead easy ..

Post by webhunter » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:49 am

Hi folks,

Dont you think that tier1 makes things dead easier for several people.
Most people have a minimum bachelors degree - 30 points
Most poeple are or either below 27 or (28,29) - (10 to 20 points)

All we need is another (25 to 30 points) which can be easily got from indian salaries. Even a fresher makes salary equivalent to those points.

I can see 1000s of people being eligible for Tier1 atleast (IT people from India). [ And more over we dont have the fuss about work-experience) so ppl who have freshly graduated and working for just 12 months can get into this.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:55 am

You are having a very premature rejoice. You can rest assured that the criteria will be tested against a big sample of existing migrant profiles in HO database to ensure that hordes of migrants will not land here.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:58 am

I am not sure if I understood your sentence completely(sorry for my ignorance). However, if there are no changes to this rule when it gets implemented I can assure you that 100s of thousands of people from India ( dont know about other countries) become eligible for this.

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:18 pm

I really don't expect the proposed criteria to be the final ones.
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

ind1
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by ind1 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:00 pm

Hi Web hunter,

It seems all are eligible and can easily get through. But there is a very big huddle in front ..... 'offer letter'. How many people outside the country can manage to get an offer letter from UK company, when thousands who have already got valid visa cant find a job easily!!!!!!!!!!!

regards,

ind1

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:02 pm

ind1,

There is no need for an offer letter for tier 1.
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

ind1
Newly Registered

hi

Post by ind1 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:39 pm

TVT,

That is right. Who all are eligible for Tier I - only Doctors and engineers -- that too points has increased from 65 to 75. How can it be dead easy ?
It has become very difficult ?

Thanks
ind1

zhassan

Post by zhassan » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:20 am

But most of the people earning good salaries are above 27-31 age limit, which means it will be hard to get point from Age factor.

Strange thing is the work experience, why it's being ignored in the new proposed system.

Cheers,
ZIA

sunny158

Not at all,

Post by sunny158 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:35 pm

dead easy??? I get less points unnder the new criteria, in new system there are only 3 or 4 sections you can get points and the pass points are 75. For most people, i will be more difficult. However, for people who are under 27, it is bit easier, but in these ages, few people get good pays and have well-established careers, I dont think many of them are ready to move to other countries, it needs money, the abilities to live and work in a new environment, independence and many more. The new system ignores work experience, under the current system, many people can get many points from work experience. The new system is more about age and earning.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:54 pm

the new system ignores work experience maybe because it's easy to get doctored work experience letters...

we had many HSMP canditates in the our office for interviews who failed the first interview and one guy was sacked within 2 weeks

oblix
Newly Registered

Post by oblix » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:20 am

I applied for HSMP recently and got rejected. I am an indian and have a job offer from UK. Currently employer is applying for work permit.

Reasons for rejection:
1) Bachelors and Masters earned are not equivalent to UK degrees as the institute is not accredited.
My Institute - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay

Indians, Are you listening !!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like joke of the century to me but the fact is application is rejected.

This is just to provide info of what all can happen to those people who are thinking that it will become easier for Indians in IT sector.

abcd1

Post by abcd1 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:49 am

HSMP is nothing but lottery!

b007
Newly Registered

Post by b007 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:45 am

Hi oblix,
I think you can go for review..... May be it was a mistake from their end. or apply freshly with sufficient proof that its no.1 institute in india and earned recognition worldwide..... or take opinion of moderators\experts............

all the best...........

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:27 am

ok folks, for all those who find Tier 1 is difficult, please answer the following question.

Given
- Minimum Bachelors - 30 points
- Age 27 or below - 20 points

I need another 25 points. Could you please tell me the gross salary required in INR (based on country code D for India as per HSMP) to claim those 25 points?

anjum70

Post by anjum70 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:06 pm

oblix wrote:I applied for HSMP recently and got rejected. I am an indian and have a job offer from UK. Currently employer is applying for work permit.

Reasons for rejection:
1) Bachelors and Masters earned are not equivalent to UK degrees as the institute is not accredited.

Indians, Are you listening !!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like joke of the century to me but the fact is application is rejected.

This is just to provide info of what all can happen to those people who are thinking that it will become easier for Indians in IT sector.
Hi Oblix,
Cant believe that that u were rejected foir HSMP . I am doing PH.D from university of london in areonautical engineering its look that HO might have mistaken . but still feel for me that even my ph.d getting job might be problem because of status and security reasons and i might not qualify in Tier 1 because of salary even having Ph.d Its tough here fgor all engineers from india

any comments .................

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:47 pm

oblix wrote:I applied for HSMP recently and got rejected. I am an indian and have a job offer from UK. Currently employer is applying for work permit.

Reasons for rejection:

This is worth publishing in Major Indian Media. Would give a proper picture of whats going on here in UK HO.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:52 pm

If you are already in the UK, it is very difficult to qualify in the salary category, because not too many people have between 35 to 40 K. However, if you are in India, it is very easy to score equvivalent points in salary because of the conversion and the high pays in the IT market these days back home.

abcd1

Post by abcd1 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:05 am

I doubt if they have equivalent 3rd world category income under new Tier-1 rule!

Basically they don't want applicants from Asia/Africa.

So, they may very well state in rule that only 1st world currency equivalent income will be considered.

That makes ones must first come to UK under work permit and work at least a year to be eligible for Tier 1.

Just my guess though!

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:52 pm

Atleast the propsal document says the salaries are converted as per current HSMP guidelines.

minny

Tier 1

Post by minny » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:05 pm

I think tier 1 is for enterpreuners, scientists and only for consultants (not all doctors as only certain speciality consultants come under shortage occupation). I am not sure about engineers (at all levels)....maybe just like docs, u have to be a senior person and in demand to get into tier 1. Bulk of the skilled professionals come under tier 2.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Minny

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:30 am

I am really not sure if Tier1 has anything to do with a particular profession or being in the skill shortage. Atleast the proposal document does'nt say much about it. (Ofcourse it assumes that they are skilled people in some profession or the other)

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:56 am

I'm sure all ramifications have been taken into consideration. Will the Home Office allow these hordes of Indians into the country? Btw, these posts appear to be dominated by Indians or their cousins from the subcontinent... why is that so? Just curious....

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:12 pm

I am not sure if this forum is dominated by any particular nation. But if it is, then it can only be because there are more number of interested migrants from that nation in the HSMP category. After all this forum is immigrationboards.com :-)