ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EDITED: About child registeration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a1977capri
Newly Registered

EDITED: About child registeration

Post by a1977capri » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi
I came to UK in 2004 and got ILR in July 2009 along with my wife and my daughter.
My daughter was born in India in Oct 2007 and came to UK in Feb 2008.
I am planning to apply for Citizenship in march 2011 with my wife when she will complete her 5 years.
Can i apply for my daughter alone? or she will get registered only with us?
if yes, Which form do i need to use? which section?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Removed from original post "But my daughter is eligible for naturalisation."
More info: I have been to UKBA website and could not find answer. That's why i am here. so please do not provide me link to website.
If i have made assumption which is wrong, then please correct me instead of asking question as i am not an expert.
Q given above circumstances, can i apply citizenship for her?
Last edited by a1977capri on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beeba

Re: About child registeration

Post by beeba » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:55 pm

a1977capri wrote:Hi
I came to UK in 2004 and got ILR in July 2009.
My daughter was born in India in Oct 2007 and came to UK in Feb 2008. She got ILR in July 2009.
I am planning to apply for Citizenship in march 2011 with my wife when she will complete her 5 years.
But my daughter is eligible for naturalisation.
Can i apply for her alone? or she will get registered only with us?
Which form do i need to use?
for the best see below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=62584

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: About child registeration

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:55 pm

a1977capri wrote:But my daughter is eligible for naturalisation.
How? Being born outside the UK she would apply for Registration as British, under section 3(1), using form MN1, at the same time as your naturalisation application (not before).

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:20 pm

a1977capri wrote:Hi
I came to UK in 2004 and got ILR in July 2009 along with my wife and my daughter.
My daughter was born in India in Oct 2007 and came to UK in Feb 2008.
Can i apply for my daughter alone? or she will get registered only with us?
if yes, Which form do i need to use? which section?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Removed from original post "But my daughter is eligible for naturalisation."
More info: I have been to UKBA website and could not find answer. That's why i am here. so please do not provide me link to website.
If i have made assumption which is wrong, then please correct me instead of asking question as i am not an expert.
Q given above circumstances, can i apply citizenship for her?
What can be done if the seeker doesn't want to even read through the information suggested by people willing to help (and understandably not interested in writing the story all over again) but feels instead that editing the original post to dictate how he wishes to receive responses to his queries is appropriate norm of seeking help! And, advising people to not provide links to UKBA website without even bothering to ascertain whether the links provided are UKBA website links ot links to answers!

The links provided are for posts that provide answer to your queries, not UKBA websites. If you wish that someone write the same answers in response to your post than point you in the right direction to help you get your answers quicker, please do wait.

The intention was to provide you with answers immediately, which you seem to not appreciate.

:roll:
regards

a1977capri
Newly Registered

Post by a1977capri » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:35 pm

sushdmehta wrote:What can be done if the seeker doesn't want to even read through the information suggested by people willing to help (and understandably not interested in writing the story all over again) but feels instead that editing the original post to dictate how he wishes to receive responses to his queries is appropriate norm of seeking help!

And, advising people to not provide links to UKBA website without even bothering to ascertain whether the links provided are UKBA website links ot links to answers!

:roll:
regards
I read the first post and i knew it is from same board. People post link to UKBA website.that is why i wrote that.
I thought editing a post is better option then rewriting or creating another thread.Editing post provides all information at one place considering that a good discussion can end in multiple pages.
Did not you edit your reply as well?
Wish you had given this information earlier.but anyway your answer is helpful.
Thanks both of you