ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried partner visa, 2 quick questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newtoforum
Newly Registered

Unmarried partner visa, 2 quick questions

Post by newtoforum » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Hiya,

I am planning to apply for the unmarried partner visa in a few weeks. My partner has to travel quite a lot at the moment so I am trying to decide whether to do a post or in-person application.

Does anyone know how long it is before they return the passport of the UK citizen if we send it via post? Or else, does anyone know how long the waiting times are to get an appointment at croydon PEO at the moment?

Also, I have read on here that everyone seems to take or post big folders of documents while the application form only states less. Is it necessary? We have all the documentation so I guess we should send it to be on the safe side but I am scared by sending everything to them. It will be the land registry title for our house and our mortgage documents. I feel a bit scared about sending them in case they lose it.

Also, my company only has online payslips, will be it acceptable to have a printout stamped with the official company stamp? This is the means of financial support bit

Thanks all!

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Unmarried partner visa, 2 quick questions

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi
Does anyone know how long it is before they return the passport of the UK citizen if we send it via post? Or else,
2 to 3 Months.
does anyone know how long the waiting times are to get an appointment at croydon PEO at the moment?
It depends how busy they are.Max one month time
Also, I have read on here that everyone seems to take or post big folders of documents while the application form only states less. Is it necessary? We have all the documentation so I guess we should send it to be on the safe side but I am scared by sending everything to them. It will be the land registry title for our house and our mortgage documents. I feel a bit scared about sending them in case they lose it.
Why you are sending yours orgional morgage documents.You can get yours Title deeds and registery plan for £4each(£8 total) and send these as a proofs.You can get this from Land registery web iste.
Also, my company only has online payslips, will be it acceptable to have a printout stamped with the official company stamp? This is the means of financial support bit
Yes also certify by officer signature(stamp plus signature).

Ali

tahnyuh

Re: Unmarried partner visa, 2 quick questions

Post by tahnyuh » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:56 pm

[deleted]