ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa with sharing accommodation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srchit
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant Visa with sharing accommodation

Post by srchit » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:21 pm

I am on Tier 1 visa. My wife has a dependant visa and is in India. I am planning to apply for a dependant visa for our kid. I am currently in a sharing accomodation. I just wanted to know, if I can book a hotel for two weeks and show that for accomodation.

nicechap
Newly Registered

Post by nicechap » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:00 pm

I don't think that (paying for hotel room) will be a good solution. My reasons are as follows:

1. Will there be any kind of tenancy agreement on an hotel room for you to show?

2. Will you be able to get any bill (Gas, bank statement etc) as proof of address showing the hotel room as your address?

3. How about the embassy calling the hotel and asking for the real situation of the matter?

Instead of paying for 2 weeks in an hotel, why not just rent a place of your own and have peace of mind. The cost will be approximately the same for the 2 kinds of abode.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:23 pm

Do keep in mind that proof of accommodation is not a mandatory requirement - after all the reason you are showing maintenance funds in your account is to prove that you can take care of the living expenses of your dependant including accommodation.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:31 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:Do keep in mind that proof of accommodation is not a mandatory requirement - after all the reason you are showing maintenance funds in your account is to prove that you can take care of the living expenses of your dependant including accommodation.
Although its not a mandatory requirement but most sought after by ECO while making decision. Hence, the reason one submits tenancy agreement and sponsorship letter to ascertain ECO officer that your partner will reside with you in UK.

srchit
Newly Registered

Post by srchit » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:51 am

When I called up VFS call centre and asked them about the accommodation, they said that I need to provide either tenancy agreement or Hotel accommodation confirmation. The reason, I am going for Hotel is that I can cancel the accommodation if they are not coming here as scheduled and it is difficult to get a house 2 months upfront. And I read somewhere that someone applied the same way with hotel confirmation. That is why I am asking you all for the confirmation in this regard

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:33 pm

destiniation_london wrote:
hsmp1412 wrote:Do keep in mind that proof of accommodation is not a mandatory requirement - after all the reason you are showing maintenance funds in your account is to prove that you can take care of the living expenses of your dependant including accommodation.
Although its not a mandatory requirement but most sought after by ECO while making decision. Hence, the reason one submits tenancy agreement and sponsorship letter to ascertain ECO officer that your partner will reside with you in UK.
I agree that it is good to submit this proof but what if the main applicant has recently moved to UK or is still in India or as the case here is in a shared accommodation? I think if the situation is clearly and reasonably explained in the covering letter it should work without accommodation proof.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:47 pm

It is understandable if the main applicant is in India with dependant and hasn't travelled yet. But, in the scenario of main applicant being in UK for a reasonable time, they expect main applicant to be having accommodation sorted out.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:51 pm

hmmm... thats right, better to be safe than sorry. :)