ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are 2-3 emails Ok for dependent visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Immigrant06

Are 2-3 emails Ok for dependent visa?

Post by Immigrant06 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:01 am

Hi all

Are 2-3 emails between husaband and wife OK to submit the visa application.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Too less I would say, if that's the only evidence being submitted to prove that the relationship is subsisting.

And the number(s) should also depend on the length os relationship. e.g. - married for 7 years but only 2-3 emails to prove the 7 year relationship?

regards

tsadeel79

relationship evidence

Post by tsadeel79 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:59 pm

I get married in feb this year and we are going to submit telephone calls from march to august, my t-mobile bill showing text message from march to august, emails from mid of july to mid of august and last three remittance bills.

Is that OK?

Immigrant06

Post by Immigrant06 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi sushdmehta

In addition to the 4 emails, there is also Western Union slip for one month sending monies.

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Immigrant06 wrote:Hi sushdmehta

In addition to the 4 emails, there is also Western Union slip for one month sending monies.
@Immigrant06
Provide as much as you can as BHC are very fussy. So dont let give them any point to refuse. I would say provide more email at least for month and must provide telephone bill you used to call your spouse. Best of luck!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Immigrant06 wrote:Hi sushdmehta

As Sushdmehta has already mentioned, it depends on how long you have been married. Mentioning Sushdmehta's example again, if you are married for 7 years and you have sent her 4 emails and money once. Do you think that is enough?

Immigrant06

Post by Immigrant06 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:11 pm

Hi aruni4470

It is 3 and half months marriage at the time of application.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Re: relationship evidence

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:33 pm

tsadeel79 wrote: we are going to submit telephone calls from march to august, my t-mobile bill showing text message from march to august, emails from mid of july to mid of august and last three remittance bills.

Is that OK?
There has been no mention of a marriage certificate, hope you are submitting all of this in addition to the certificate! :!:

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:21 pm

Immigrant06 wrote:Hi aruni4470

Dependant application does not ask for documents like telephone bills, chat logs or phone bills. All they want is proof to confirm that your relationship is subsisting at the time of the application.

Applicants are submitting chat logs , phone bills and all that extra stuffs out of fear of rejection. Well, according to me chat logs and emails are too personal in nature to submit to anyone else to read it. It all depends on how you can make ECO officer to agree to genuineness of your marriage.

I applied for dependant application for my wife within a month from my marriage and submitted marriage certificate, 10-11 wedding & group photos, and my travel itinerary to India. The application was approved.

But, going by the experience of some of the forum members, it looks like it all depends on the ECO and country of application.

In your case, since its been 3.5 years of application, I'd suggest you to submit marriage certificate, wedding invitation (if you have kept), some sort of joint account or agreement in addition to emails.

This is purely my view and you might be better off listening to other people's opinion as well.

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:25 am

destiniation_london wrote:

Dependant application does not ask for documents like telephone bills, chat logs or phone bills. All they want is proof to confirm that your relationship is subsisting at the time of the application.

Applicants are submitting chat logs , phone bills and all that extra stuffs out of fear of rejection. Well, according to me chat logs and emails are too personal in nature to submit to anyone else to read it. It all depends on how you can make ECO officer to agree to genuineness of your marriage.

I applied for dependant application for my wife within a month from my marriage and submitted marriage certificate, 10-11 wedding & group photos, and my travel itinerary to India. The application was approved.

But, going by the experience of some of the forum members, it looks like it all depends on the ECO and country of application.

In your case, since its been 3.5 years of application, I'd suggest you to submit marriage certificate, wedding invitation (if you have kept), some sort of joint account or agreement in addition to emails.

This is purely my view and you might be better off listening to other people's opinion as well.
@destiniation_london
and they refused my spouse 1st application that our marriage isnt subsisting as said we didnt provide any proof of contact since we get married. Even we provide our marriage certificate and bundle of photographs of our marriage. So, this time we are providing telephone bills & etc.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:02 am

tsadeel79 wrote:

@destiniation_london
and they refused my spouse 1st application that our marriage isnt subsisting as said we didnt provide any proof of contact since we get married. Even we provide our marriage certificate and bundle of photographs of our marriage. So, this time we are providing telephone bills & etc.
sorry to hear about your case, as i said earlier it seems to be depending on ECO and how convincing are your evidences to prove genuineness of your marriage. I think, particulary, in sub continent there are many cases of sham marriage, hence they are more cautious in issuing dependant visa to people.

check the below case -
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=61535

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:59 am

tsadeel79 wrote:

@destiniation_london
sorry to hear about your case, as i said earlier it seems to be depending on ECO and how convincing are your evidences to prove genuineness of your marriage. I think, particulary, in sub continent there are many cases of sham marriage, hence they are more cautious in issuing dependant visa to people.

check the below case -
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=61535
@destiniation_london
yes that's why i m more stress and extra careful. This time we are submitting following documents for proof of subsisting relationship & proof of contact from my wife since we get married.

1- Marriage Certificate (attested from Ministry of foreign affairs & local registrar).
2- 8-10 marriage photographs of wedding and after wedding.
3- phone calls from March to august
4- emails of last one month
5- mobile bill from March to august
6- remittance bill

I hope this will fine this time. What do you think?

Saga

Post by Saga » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:20 am

More options are:
1. Bank remittance receipts
2. Receipts of exchange of gifts, post cards etc.