ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK 10 year ban

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hackneydiv
Newly Registered

UK 10 year ban

Post by hackneydiv » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:35 am

In 2001 my husband applied for perm residency through an embassy in the USA we were married. The embassy concluded his green card was fake and said we should provide more documentation. The staff at the embassy were very nice.They said as he did not have legal status he could not be given entry. They then closed the case. He is now a Canadian citzen with a good job and we have 4 kids now. We want to visit london but am wondering if the previous incident will be a problem

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:16 pm

If his green card was not faked, then he should challenge the Embassy's assertions before anything else.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hackneydiv
Newly Registered

Post by hackneydiv » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:33 pm

The card was fake

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Was his application formally refused because of deception under 320(7A)? Or was it simply not accepted because he had no legal status?

Was his passport date stamped with a cross in the back pages?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

hackneydiv
Newly Registered

Post by hackneydiv » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:11 am

it was declined due to his legal status. Infact the consulate were brilliant, They suggested I transfer the application to his country of origin

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:24 am

vinny wrote:Was his application formally refused because of deception under 320(7A)? Or was it simply not accepted because he had no legal status?

Was his passport date stamped with a cross in the back pages?
There were no 320(7A) in 2001.Although other deception rules.

This was work of labor who introduced 320(A) and 320(B) in 2007 I think.

One more thing more then 8 years have passed since their deception.

So I belive this can try.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

hackneydiv
Newly Registered

Post by hackneydiv » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:55 am

All we want to do is visit for a week. I know he was wrong to do what he did and we are sorry. His mum and sister lives in the UK and so do my family.It was actually nine and half years ago. thanks for all your responses. i promise to keep you posted. I just hope we are not harrassed at the airport

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:24 am

hackneydiv wrote:All we want to do is visit for a week. I know he was wrong to do what he did and we are sorry. His mum and sister lives in the UK and so do my family.It was actually nine and half years ago. thanks for all your responses. i promise to keep you posted. I just hope we are not harrassed at the airport
The maxium ban limit is 10 years but news rule did not apply on you.

As you were banned 9.5 years ago so in my view you ban time is already passed.

What was maximum ban limit in old immigration rules? I think it was 5 years.

Not sure on this.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:40 am

alikhan28 wrote:There were no 320(7A) in 2001.
Oops, correct!

hackneydiv
Newly Registered

Post by hackneydiv » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:53 am

We will try our luck. The worst they can do is turn my hubby around and let me and the kids go through. Wish us luck

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:56 am

hackneydiv wrote:We will try our luck. The worst they can do is turn my hubby around and let me and the kids go through. Wish us luck
I am confident you have no problem.

Best Luck

Ali

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:59 am

Don't forget to carry sufficient documents, including those showing "strong ties" outside the UK.

hackneydiv
Newly Registered

Post by hackneydiv » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:15 am

Good news we came into London on Sat and had no problems, nothing was asked. Thanks for all the help and assurance :D