ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiry about the dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dkalra1981

Enquiry about the dependent visa

Post by dkalra1981 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:41 am

Hi

I applied for a Tier 1 General Migrant Dependant visa for my son on 28 July. The Royal Mail Tracker shows that they received the document on 30 July. Firstly, I still haven't received any acknowledgment from them and i can't track with regards to the pymts coz I send the Postal order? is that normal?

Also, my son and wife are traveling to India on 31 August. Can my son born on 31 May can go without Passport?

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Deepak

destiniation_london

Re: Enquiry about the dependent visa

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 am

dkalra1981 wrote:Hi

I applied for a Tier 1 General Migrant Dependant visa for my son on 28 July. The Royal Mail Tracker shows that they received the document on 30 July. Firstly, I still haven't received any acknowledgment from them and i can't track with regards to the pymts coz I send the Postal order? is that normal?

Also, my son and wife are traveling to India on 31 August. Can my son born on 31 May can go without Passport?

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Deepak
Not receiving acknowledgement is normal, there have been experiences mentioned by forum members when they haven't received letter for a while.

To answer your second query, NO your son cannot go without passport. Also, when he returns back to UK from India he would need a dependant visa stamped on his passport for him to allow into UK.