ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit expiring before applying for ILR but visa valid?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chid
Newly Registered

Work permit expiring before applying for ILR but visa valid?

Post by Chid » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi guys

Yesterday I noticed couple of other things

My work permit expiring 2 days before I apply for my ILR. Will that matter?My visa is valid.

Do they check work permit?
Also letter from the employer should it say I am employed with them since the date I came to UK or should it say I am employed with them since my work permit started?

Thanks in advance

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:26 pm

You are allowed to submit your application for ILR 28 days before the qualifying period.
For e.g. if you finish your 5 year period in UK on 28th September
then as per UKBA rules you are allowed to put in application for ILR 28 days before expiry of visa ie. you can apply anytime from 1st September

By 2 days, do you mean falling short by 2 days before 28 days or just literally 2 days of your 5 year period
If its former case, am afraid, you'd need to make FLR application as you should be residing legally in UK at the time of application.
If its latter, you are ok.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Re: Work permit expiring before applying for ILR but visa va

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Chid wrote:
My work permit expiring 2 days before I apply for my ILR. Will that matter?My visa is valid.
Please pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by your WP is expiring but your visa is valid? Aren't they both the same?

arvKUM
Newly Registered

Re: Work permit expiring before applying for ILR but visa va

Post by arvKUM » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:
Chid wrote:
Please pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by your WP is expiring but your visa is valid? Aren't they both the same?
Please check ur wp again if i remeber correctly work permit is usually form 60 months(if for 5yrs) from the entry clearance leave i.e from the date visa granted

Chid
Newly Registered

Post by Chid » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks guys

I called quite a few ILR experts! yesterday and almost everybody said as long as my visa is valid I am fine. So I am going to apply .

Cheers