ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adi_khaneng

ILR- Requirements

Post by adi_khaneng » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Afternoon All

Just to give a quick background, I got my work permit back in July 2007 and as it stands (the current Rule) will be eligible to apply in June 2012. Though I had to apply Tier 2 (General) because my job duties significantly changed (Applied in Oct 2009). The questions that are bothering me as follows:

I recently got married and my wife got a Tier 2 Dependent Visa, she could have travelled and would have got the ILR in July 2012 with but due to some family problems she can’t make it for another month. As my Visa will expire in July 2012, I can still apply for ILR but my wife can’t (because of 2 year residential rule).
Do I have to change her visa status to FLR and will the residential requirements i.e. 2 years will start again.

I called Home Office today and the lady said YES in total she will be staying 4 years to get her ILR or PC.

Or at the end of my current Tier 2 (General) visa, if I go for extension and apply for ILR / PC at the same time as my wife residential requirements are fulfilled.

Please let me know. Many Thanks

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:20 pm

AFAIK, you would have to apply for spouse visa for her for the remaining period in 2 years. Post completion of 2 years, i think, she would be eligible to apply for ILR.

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks dest_London

The lady said that as you will have your ILR/PC first and then your wife will apply under ILR settled person spouse hence the clock of 2 years will start again. I knowif you call Home Office another person will give a different answer.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:28 pm

adi_khaneng wrote:Thanks dest_London

The lady said that as you will have your ILR/PC first and then your wife will apply under ILR settled person spouse hence the clock of 2 years will start again. I knowif you call Home Office another person will give a different answer.
I don't think that's the case.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Being a Tier 2 dependent, the ILR clock will reset when your wife changes from Tier 2 dependent to spouse of settled person (287(a)).

Dependents of Tier 1 migrants are not subject to the same conditions though (287(a)(i)(d)).

regards