ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LOST PASSPORT

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jev
Newly Registered

LOST PASSPORT

Post by jev » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:04 pm

Hello everyone

I've done a big mistake... I have been a student for a few years and my first visa give me 3 years and the second give 2 years and my 3rd give me 1 year.

My big mistake is that my final 1 year has expired by 6 months, to which I was unaware of as I'm use to lenghtly visas and I have been stressed and panicing lately. I completed my studies as I was trying to complete my thesis after losing a lot of my work and somehow completly forgot the year had ended 4 months after. I finished it off my thesis 2 months later and now I've had decided just to leave as Im now finish with my studies.

My problem is that I've lost my passport at present... I'm hoping I can still locate it as I dont want to stayhere any longer.

I know I can get a travel document but I need a police report for a lost passport. Im worried that they would try and find out my immigration status and arrest me.... do they simply just take your statement, or is there a more indepth process. I'm scared to walk in to a police station, but I need to leave ASAP.

ANY HELP!!!

FromThere2Here

Post by FromThere2Here » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:25 pm

I don't think you should worry. I once had to get a UK police report for a visa application. All the police cared about was whether I filled out the form correctly and whether I had the fee. They do ask to see your passport, but it's for ID purposes. They didn't check my passport for a valid visa.

In addition, if you really want to return home, I remember seeing an advert a few months ago for a government program that helps overstayers return to their home country. I did a quick web search for it but couldn't turn up details. Perhaps someone else on this forum knows.

FromThere2Here

Post by FromThere2Here » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:03 pm

Just saw an advert for a programme that provides up to £3,000 (!!!) for people who are in the country illegally and want to return to their home country.

Details here:

www.iomlondon.org

jev
Newly Registered

Post by jev » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:49 pm

Hi again... Im not looking for a donation.... just want to leave without any hassle, hence the reason I was asking what sort of questions would the police ask or try to find out?

Thanks

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:40 am

The police receive reports of lost property to include passports daily. Understandably you will need to answer a couple of questions such as your name, address and where the document was lost. The police can hold someone on the basis of their immigration status being determined but this is unusual - even if it did happen to you (unlikely) they won't stop you leaving the country (if you are not of legal interest to them such as being on trial etc).