ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed Penaly Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magsi23
Member of Standing

Fixed Penaly Question

Post by magsi23 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Dear All,

I had a fixed penalty about 3 years back, £30 fine for not wearing a seat belt, Which i paid within the same week.

I was under the impression you do not need to declare fixed penalty notice on Form AN if you did not got to the court which i did not? But lady at NCS told me you had to declare if it was within the last 5 years?

I am bit worried now can someone please clarify?
Magsi

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:14 pm

you dont have to mention it as it has not gone to court. the guidance form is quite clear on that
You must give details of all criminal convictions both within or outside the United
Kingdom. These include road traffic offences, but not fixed penalty notices which have not
been given in a court.
Fixed penalty notices include parking and speeding offences. Drink
driving offences must be declared

if you havent declared it then dont worry about it. if you have declared it likewise dont worry about it

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:52 pm

f2k wrote:you dont have to mention it as it has not gone to court. the guidance form is quite clear on that
You must give details of all criminal convictions both within or outside the United
Kingdom. These include road traffic offences, but not fixed penalty notices which have not
been given in a court.
Fixed penalty notices include parking and speeding offences. Drink
driving offences must be declared

if you havent declared it then dont worry about it. if you have declared it likewise dont worry about it

Thanks f2k,

Exactly what i thought and read, but why did NCS lady asked to declare it even though it does not say in the guide? Also the check list she asked me to sign did ask if i had more than 1 fixed penalty notice in last 12 months which i did not have any.

Regards
Magsi

lboro

Post by lboro » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi magsi and others who have been to NCS appointmnet,

I have boooked my appointment for early next month and I received a confirmation letter that list documents needed similar to the ones supplied for ILR application. I rang the council and confirmed that all documents are needed and they pointed to me that the citizenship application form doesnt list all documents needed!

Did you guys asked to produce lot of documents such as letters from employer, P60, salary slips etc?