ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement visa for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arvKUM
Newly Registered

settlement visa for parents

Post by arvKUM » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:22 am

Hi
I have recently got ILR and now i want to apply for the settlement visa for my parents. My dad is 68 yr old and my mom is 62. My dad served in army so he get the pension but i do send money regularly i have kept record. I am only son and they are emotionally and financially dependent on me (although i am struggling how to prove complete financial dependence) and two of my sisters live in India
My question is should i go ahead and apply on the basis of my fathers age?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:24 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jammybunn

Post by jammybunn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:01 am

No you shouldnt (assuming they live in India) Simply put the application wont meet the immigration rules. He is in receipt of a pension (therefore not financially dependant on you even if you subsidise it) plus he has family in India to support him emotionally.

Again though this is the type of question that will only further fuel the negative elements of immigration to the UK. It can be looked upon as yourself choosing to leave your country of origin and add something to this country, then you bring over additional family members and if you multiply that by the hundreds of thousands of other immigrants who apply the same theory, its overpopulation madness. And furthermore, at 68 and 62, they are not realistically going to offer anything to this country, indeed once settled many people will see an old couple, who have not contributed a penny to this country and then getting the benefits of living here. This is what validates, in peoples eyes, certain right wing parties beliefs.

arvKUM
Newly Registered

Post by arvKUM » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:46 am

jammybunn wrote:No you shouldnt (assuming they live in India) Simply put the application wont meet the immigration rules. He is in receipt of a pension (therefore not financially dependant on you even if you subsidise it) plus he has family in India to support him emotionally.

Again though this is the type of question that will only further fuel the negative elements of immigration to the UK. It can be looked upon as yourself choosing to leave your country of origin and add something to this country, then you bring over additional family members and if you multiply that by the hundreds of thousands of other immigrants who apply the same theory, its overpopulation madness. And furthermore, at 68 and 62, they are not realistically going to offer anything to this country, indeed once settled many people will see an old couple, who have not contributed a penny to this country and then getting the benefits of living here. This is what validates, in peoples eyes, certain right wing parties beliefs.

i agree with your comments so the best bet for me is to stick with visitor visa is there any multiple entry visit visa option?[/quote]

jammybunn

Post by jammybunn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:59 pm

feel free to apply for visit visas but im not sure with regards to mutli entry. Have they ever had visas issued before? generally one will get a single entry 6 month visit visa to begin. If they have complied with the conditions then they may reapply and get a 2 year mutli entry visa but im not 100% on EC

arvKUM
Newly Registered

Post by arvKUM » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:47 pm

jammybunn wrote:feel free to apply for visit visas but im not sure with regards to mutli entry. Have they ever had visas issued before? generally one will get a single entry 6 month visit visa to begin. If they have complied with the conditions then they may reapply and get a 2 year mutli entry visa but im not 100% on EC
Hi Jammy
Many thanks for your reply visa granted in 2007 but couldnt travel bcoz of some problems and i am planning to visit my parents in nov and looking for best option it seems that i should stick with 6 months option

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:29 am

arvKUM wrote:
jammybunn wrote:feel free to apply for visit visas but im not sure with regards to mutli entry. Have they ever had visas issued before? generally one will get a single entry 6 month visit visa to begin. If they have complied with the conditions then they may reapply and get a 2 year mutli entry visa but im not 100% on EC
Hi Jammy
Many thanks for your reply visa granted in 2007 but couldnt travel bcoz of some problems and i am planning to visit my parents in nov and looking for best option it seems that i should stick with 6 months option
yeh six months would be reasonable option..my mom applied for her first visa for 6 months and got it straight away but on her next visit when we applied for 2 years her visa was refused and i took nearly 2 years to get the appeals sorted and still i am waiting for her visa to be stamped...