ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fund Requirement for Tier 1 Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sys_sagar

Maintenance Fund Requirement for Tier 1 Dependant

Post by sys_sagar » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 pm

I applied for my daughters visa recently and awating the decision from Home office. I m living in UK with my wife and daughter. My wife was already granted FLR last year along with me. The application was made within UK.
[b]
My question is related to maintenance funds:[/b]

1. How much fund was required to show : Was it just £ 533 or £ 533*2 + 800 ?

I read few blogs where someone mentioned that i needed to show only £ 533 and some people mentioned that I needed to show 533+533+800

I request seniors to answer this along with anybody with proir expereince.

thanks [/u]

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:13 pm

To be on safe side, you should show 800+533+533. Although there have been cases in the past where people got away with just showing 533£.

Its a debatable issue and there have been contradicting information around this in policy guidance and UKBA website, hence its advisable to show more rather than less.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:26 pm

thanks for advise.
Well, I have shown more than 5000 £ as combined statements from current/savings account in last 3 months . My only doubt is that on one day in the past within last 90 days, I have transferred all my funds from savings to current leaving only £ 100 in savings account but reverted back to my savings same day. This is reflected in bank statements as well. However, the funds was transferred to my current account and its original statement is also attached with this. So, i have requested Caseworker to combine funds .

Will I get away with it or may face problem?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:34 pm

sys_sagar wrote:thanks for advise.
Well, I have shown more than 5000 £ as combined statements from current/savings account in last 3 months . My only doubt is that on one day in the past within last 90 days, I have transferred all my funds from savings to current leaving only £ 100 in savings account but reverted back to my savings same day. This is reflected in bank statements as well. However, the funds was transferred to my current account and its original statement is also attached with this. So, i have requested Caseworker to combine funds .

If you have provided both statements which clearly demonstrate availability of min funds (when combined), you should be fine.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:52 pm

sys_sagar wrote:thanks for advise.

You are fine with this, even I had a similar case and I wrote in cover letter to look at the combined figure from both accounts when deriving funds availability for a day.